Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parasite (Bong Joon-ho, 2019) Movie • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 21, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

thread

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

That feels really weird. If anything, last night proved that this series would be fine if it was entirely in Korean.

incognitojones likes this.
    Zilla, riotspray, aoftbsten and 11 others like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla, Cameron, Sean Murphy and 6 others like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

feel like mark would absolutely crush this kind of material. what is bong's level of involvement with the actual project, outside of an empty EP role?

zigbigwig likes this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

If they must do a show, that gets me excited; he was great in Dark Water.

8. phaynes12

he's great in most things

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think he's truly terrible in the last few Marvel movies. His performance in Ragnarok is actually baffling, like he forgot how to act.

I like him outside of that though, Zodiac still might be my favorite movie of all time.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  11. phaynes12

it doesn't help that the scripts in those movies are largely horrible. he was cashing checks. good for him.

riotspray and trevorshmevor like this.
  12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

So I saw the black & white version... and I’m not sure I’m crazy about it. There are some moments where it really works (the birthday party scene,) but for the most part it lacks the punch visually that makes the color version look so stunning.

I think knowing what I know now I would have probably opted for a second screening of the color version instead of the black and white one but I’m still glad I checked it out.

riotspray and I Am Mick like this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

That money lets actors have the financial security to do the interesting work.

riotspray and phaynes12 like this.
  14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

And fund interesting work too! (See: Robert Pattinson, Brad Pitt)

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

Cameron and I Am Mick like this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

I think Ruffalo will be fine it's just that the movie is entirely perfect and the series isn't necessary

but if Bong is in I guess so am I

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Lucas27

Trusted

Those tweets are really satisfying considering how both of those movies feel like the companion pieces to each other. One dark, one light.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Every time I see it, I think that drink (Aquavelvet?) looks so good but I know it'll make me violently sick.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

I’m the same, I can’t do sugary drinks in general. Even sour beers gives me the rumblies

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yes

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

sometimes it has to do with the studio not letting them make the black and white movie. i know that was the case for Stephen King's The Mist, but they released a blu-ray with the black and white and Darabont and King both consider that their preferred version. Not sure what the reason was for Mad Max, but i love both the regular and black and chrome. Logan was because while Mangold was making the film he was taking a lot of black and white photos which were beautiful, and wanted to make an alternate cut. another one where i love both versions.

as for Parasite: Parasite (B&W Version) he discusses his reasons here.

edit: found an article of Miller explaining the black and chrome cut Mad Max: Fury Road Black & Chrome - Exploring Its Spectacular Detail

coleslawed likes this.
  23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

i'm curious how they'd do this as a series, i think it's perfect as a film. as for Ruffalo, give me Ruffalo as Columbo already! #Ruffalumbo

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

It's almost like the house is its own character as well

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I can’t stop laughing

riotspray, incognitojones and Drewski like this.