Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parasite (Bong Joon-ho, 2019) Movie • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 21, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t want to get my hopes up too much so now that it’s real I’m beyond ecstatic.

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

#BONGHIVE WE OUT HERE

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaa booooooiiiiiiii

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Hell to the yea!

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I look forward to all the “actually parasite is pretty overrated...” posts, articles and hot twitter takes to come.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I know it's corny to talk about award shows not mattering, & then talking about the results anyways. But, really, I'm so happy for Bong Joon-ho & company for getting this well-deserved attention.

jkauf, yung_ting and Zilla like this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

We have 12 copies of this at the library I work at and they’ve basically been in and out since we got them a few weeks ago. Never on the shelf for more than like 10 minutes at a time. It’s about to get so much worse lol

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Lucas27

Trusted

A Korean foreign-language film operating entirely outside the Hollywood norm just won Best Picture because it was just that amazing and no one could deny it. Such a win for diversity, but also a win for art. Favorite BP win of the decade.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed, jkauf and phaynes12 like this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Poppin into the Parasite thread after tonight like

[​IMG]

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't know anything about sports and have no context for this gif but it's still one of my all time favorites

Noradrenaline and Sean Murphy like this.
  19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Has anyone seen the black and white version yet? Deciding if I want to rewatch the original in theaters or check out the black and white because I’m a little curious.

either way I’m watching a movie at the Bong Joon-ho Cinema today because BONGHIVE

zigbigwig and riotspray like this.
  20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Is the black & white version gonna be widely available to lowly rust belt peeps like me? Like, maybe packaged w/ the bluray or something?

This reminds me that I never got around to watching Mad Max: Fury Road - Black & Chrome.

riotspray likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I hope Bong is still up drinking

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

He's probably hitting the bong at this point

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Still holding onto my position that award shows shouldn't have the influence that they do since it's all kinda bullshit, but since they still do have that influence, Parasite winning best picture is the best outcome I could've asked for

jkauf, incognitojones and Lucas27 like this.
  25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I think award shows are dumb and full of institutional bullshit that awards the wrong things and should not be legitimized. But also it’s nice when they get one right.