Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parasite (Bong Joon-ho, 2019) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 21, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s probably the right answer for me as well. It wasn’t necessarily one big laugh like some moments, but everyone was into it and the laughter just kept kind of rolling throughout the whole scene. Absolutely one of my favorite scenes in the film.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Biggest laugh in my theater was the kick and I’ve almost never heard more deafening silence moments after

3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Not sure if it was the biggest laugh in my screenings but I laughed the hardest when Jessica said she googled “art therapy” and bullshitted the rest

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There is a DVD quality version with good subs floating around.

I LOVED this. So much to unpack. Just fantastic all around.

incognitojones likes this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

There's been a HD version out there for a while.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lol

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

10. atlas

Trusted

watched this for the 3rd time last night. so unbelievably good. I think about it more often now than I did after first seeing it which was 2 months ago now

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  11. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Loved it. Prob. going to rewatch this weekend.

Top three in no order from this year, Parasite, Uncut Gems & Once upon a time..

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Trying to decide if I want to go rewatch this on a big screen or do my second viewing at home so my parents can watch it

13. atlas

Trusted

bahahahahaha

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so are celebrities not allowed to enjoy one of the best movies of the year, even if it critiques their very nature? that seems like a pretty odd stance.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I’d be interested in hearing what uber wealthy people who like the movie liked about it. I have met a few people who think the message is that both families are equally parasites, which is some real powerful ideology at work there

17. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

this take would be a lot more spicy if chrissy hadn't apologized for this ten times over.

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don't think this is meant to be a "spicy take," rather a genuinely rebuttal against certain criticisms that have been raised against the film. The point stands with or without the quote tweet, which I'm sure is only there to contextualize it in the current discussion and could be interchanged with any other person who hoards and flaunts their wealth.

19. mescalineeyes

look i'm not going to defend soft-brained queen of the libs Chrissy Teigen but she's hardly the worst offender.

yung_ting likes this.
  20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I have more questions about what Obama or Elon Musk saw in it than I do Chrissy Teigen or John Legend.

21. Morrissey

Trusted

There was a generation of Wall Street leeches who modeled themselves on Gordon Gekko and Tony Montana was a pop culture icon. People miss the point, sometimes intentionally.

coleslawed and incognitojones like this.
  22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

A bit over-simplified, but close to how I feel about somehow going “gotcha” on a rich person liking a movie

23. mescalineeyes

What the fuck

scottlechowicz likes this.
  24. atlas

Trusted

After watch #4 I've started thinking about whether this is my all time favorite movie and it... might be? The brilliant individual acting performances, the cinematography, how effortlessly it switches between genres, the overarching themes, how much it gives you to chew on. it does everything

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Kinda dumb to think calling an uber wealthy person dumb on twitter is either (1) harassment lol, or more importantly (2) “looking for someone to blame instead of trying to identify what your contribution to the problem is.” It’s a pointless stupid gesture sure, but it’s a pretty huge strawman to claim that people who do it believe that it “exonerates” them ethically or whatever.