Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parasite (Bong Joon-ho, 2019) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TJ Wells, May 21, 2019.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

oops i just learned i cant read at all. nothing to see here

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

you mean the deluge

coleslawed and mad like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

forgot to mention i did round 3 on this yesterday. i got nothing, this truly is one of the best of the 2010s

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  4. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Saw this today and yeah, nothing really new to add but this is incredible. Definitely somewhere in my top 3 of the year thus far.

I saw it with my friend who also liked it but said she thought the middle was slow and I don't know if I have ever disagreed with a take more. This is a perfectly paced film.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I was extremely bored with The Lighthouse, but this was paced perfectly

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I do understand that in that some people just laugh when they have no idea how to react.

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Reaching from under the bed to lock the box where the diaries are kept.

Somewhere, Hitchcock is smiling.

dadbolt and TJ Wells like this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Our whole theater laughed hard after that kick, haha

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I actually think the kick really highlights how well the movie balances its dark comedy and the dark tone. How nonchalant the kick was honestly was really funny, but the second she smashes her head on the wall it was an "oh fuck" moment.

11. atlas

Trusted

I cracked up when the kick happened because it was just so cartoony but then her head cracked against the wall and I felt v bad

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

yeah the kick to head slam was like ahahahaohhhfuck

trevorshmevor and Mrplum5089 like this.
  13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I gasped pretty loud.

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I did the laugh “oh shit” combo

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

“kevin” picking up the stone out of the flooded house was probably my favorite.

trevorshmevor and incognitojones like this.
  16. coleslawed Nov 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2019)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

while I loved this, it did drag a little, but that’s mostly how all thrillers go for me. knowing something is going to happen makes the pace feel slower. same thing happened with Midsommar. The Lighthouse, on the other hand, was so wild in every aspect that I didn’t have a chance to think about what might happen.

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I felt like this was the most perfectly paced movie I've ever seen. I cannot imagine what you would cut.

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So I saw an article about the box office saying this might hit 20 million. But it's already at 11 without even being at its widest yet, and pulling in about half a million a day NOT on the weekend. Am I crazy to think it'll end much higher than 20?

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

21. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Just saw this recently and thought the foreshadowing of the guy pissing in front of the house before the sewage flood was a perfect tragi-comedy(?) moment in retrospect.

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

My entire theater gasped, it's an amazing sound when everyone reacts together like that. I was worried we had our first body.

24. Dog with a Blog

I told my sister how the kick made me and my whole theater laugh and she couldn’t believe it. She said her and her entire audience gasped in disbelief. It’s fucking incredible comic timing!

25. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Oh, I thought the shot was hilarious. But it happened too fast with the fall so I couldn't laugh.

chewbacca110 and Dog with a Blog like this.