Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 71

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

AL is also my favorite but I'm also totally here for a more straightforward rock album

Pepetito likes this.
  2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Nostalgia me says AWKIF and Riot!, modern day me says AL.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. The band is best when they follow their own muse, and AL is proof. I trust them to make a killer record in whatever style they end up deciding on!

4. a lack of color

Regular

Whatever they make will be my AOTY

Aregala likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Also heard they’re going back to more rock/pop punk. Good.

Hayleys gonna show she’s still boss of female pop punk/rock vocals and Travis Barker is gonna be all “hey, can I get in on those drums?” And they’ll be like…”nah…we got this”.

peripheralvision likes this.
  6. Tomozaurus

Regular

I'm honestly completely happy for them to go in whatever direction they want. They have a proven track-record now of knocking whatever sound the try out of the park.

beachdude, Crisp X, cosmickid and 6 others like this.
  7. We are the same. Hi.

JamesMichael likes this.
  8. Iago

forbidden chalice.

AL is my favorite but I've always wanted a dark sounding Paramore record. Could've sworn that was what we were getting when Now first dropped but both the self-titled and AL were incredible and impactful to my music taste. Bring on whatever y'all got, because I know it'll be good and I'll enjoy it with all my heart

disambigujason and Mary V like this.
  9. After Laughter and All We Know Is Falling are the only 2 albums of theirs that I really listen to regularly, I think.

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I listen to BNE and Self-titled a lot.

Pepetito likes this.
  11. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

same.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

I can't imagine a Paramore going heavier means they're just going back to an older sound. Right? After AL? I am definitely hoping for another sharp turn/uncharted territory sonically.

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

in my imagination they finally go full failure (previous examples of the form being "all i wanted" and "future")

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If I imagined a "heavier" Paramore in 2022 it would be more complex/darker rather than "upbeat pop-punk"

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

If they took the darker and/or more anthemic songs of s/t (daydreaming, part iI, last hope, etc) and built a record around that sound it’d potentially be their heaviest and best record so I want that.

Lucas27 and irthesteve like this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Give me a ParamorexPoppy collab

17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I know these are solo project songs but My Limb, Simmer, and My Friend are perfect descriptors of my dream sound for this band. When I first listened to the first 3 songs of Flowers for Vases, I thought that would be that for me, but it ended up taking a more acoustic and stripped down direction, which is also cool but not the fantasy I had in my head. I also think it would be such an interesting parallel if they followed up the "upbeat music with brooding lyrics" album that is After Laughter with grim, dark undertones sonically but their happiest lyrical content.

Or, take some of that mewithoutYou influence and crank up the No Friend dial

Lucas27 and Mary V like this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How do you guys think Petals for Armor would have been received if it was released as a Paramore album instead of a Hayley one? I still would have loved it but I think the response would have been a lot more polarizing

19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I would have been more disappointed in it probably. I thought it was really cool as a solo record but it would have been easily my least favourite Paramore album.

20. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Big time. I wasnt a fan of it.

beachdude likes this.
  21. helloiamzach

Regular

On the discussion of albums, this is probably my order of favourite to least favourite - all are fantastic though.

Brand New Eyes
    After Laughter
    All We Know Is Falling
    Riot!
    Self-titled

AL and AWKIF are interchangeable though, depending on if I'm in a nostalgic mood or not.

bradsonemanband and AFoolsGlory like this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I love Petals for Armor, I still listen to it all the time

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Same. I like Petals for Armor more than any non-After Laughter Paramore album.

awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Petals For Armor is very good and I listen to the individual section quite a lot. I have the same problem I had with Self-Titled when it first came out where it's pretty long and each segment was released individually, so my brain can't associate it as one singular album quite yet. Maybe in a few years like the self-titled eventually did. PFA 1+2 would probably be my favorite Hayley/Paramore album if it was just those two. I get to the last part and feel fatigued, despite liking each song individually, especially Taken and True Love thanks to the Tiny Desk performance.

I'd probably do: After Laughter > (Petals For Armor) > Brand New Eyes > Paramore > All We Know Is Falling > Riot

Flowers For Vases is somewhere before BNE or after the self-titled; still haven't been able to fully digest it

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Flowers For Vases may actually end up as my album of the year. Absolutely love it.

Contender, Iago and BigMouth like this.