Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. J12

Trusted Supporter

Think I'm pretty firmly in the "each album is better than the last" camp, but my favorite is a toss up between self titled and BNE.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Self-Titled is easily my least favorite. Lots of great stuff but the singles were way overplayed and it’s a bit too long.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

S/T is easily my favorite

Skinkie, ramres and SpyKi like this.
  4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

there's a lot of things i like about the s/t and a lot of things i don't. i could see it becoming my favorite in the future but as of rn it feels all over the place, which i guess is part of the charm since the whole point of the record was to throw everything at the wall. fast in my car + grow up + proof are some of my favorite pmore tracks tho

my least favorite is riot. the songwriting on it is better than awkif and i think the highs are better than its predecessor but riot feels like 11 good songs on shuffle. awkif has this really cool ambiance and flow to it that i can really appreciate, especially from the perspective of a novice band. it feels like its own world sometimes which riot doesnt really do for me

Tomozaurus and Mary V like this.
  5. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Man I just love the genuine unique power in Hayley's voice 100 times out of 100. That's all I got. She's something else live.

Mary V and BenSmith94 like this.
  6. I have too many fun nostalgic memories connected to AWKIF to dethrone it from my favorite. But AF is my favorite that isn’t AWKIF.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  7. BenSmith94

Trusted

Paramore

Riot
    After Laughter
    Brand New Eyes

AWKIF

8. BenSmith94

Trusted

Was trying to work out what the best four-song run in their discography was last night after listening to Brand New Eyes. Think the opening four songs of BNE and Riot are excellent, but that stretch on the self-titled album from Ain't It Fun to Still Into You probably takes the cake I think.

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Tomozaurus and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love all their albums but After Laughter is on a completely different level for me

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is my perspective too. Far superior. I can’t begin to work out how they’re going to follow it.

ChaseTx and contra11mundum like this.
  12. Tomozaurus

Regular

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

!!!!!

14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Extremely excited for new Paramore tunes

15. Lucas27

Trusted

YES!

Any bets on what it will sound like? With the musical landscape now, I wouldn't be surprised if they go the more indie rock/emo route with this next record and dive deeper into their Sunny Day Real Estate/mewithoutYou influence.

It's the direction I've hoped they'd go in a for a while, but I feel that late 90's/early 2000's sound is more influential and lucrative than ever right now, sort of like how the 80's resurgence sound was huge when AL came out.

Either way, SO STOKED!

wood&wire likes this.
  16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

One of the few bands I’m going to be okay with spending an absurd amount of money on for good seats/extra perks/whatever whenever the tour may be!

MegT585 likes this.
  17. I saw them in a converted bowling alley in Las Vegas when AWKIF came out for like 15 bucks and met them afterward in the parking lot. So crazy to think about now haha.

18. Philll

Trusted

Never seen them before but 100% determined to go to their next uk tour

19. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

i met Zac about 8 years ago when HalfNoise opened for Paper Route on their TPOWT tour. he's legitimately one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

20. BenSmith94

Trusted

I seem to recall an article earlier this year (or maybe last year) where Hayley mentioned her and Taylor had been leaning towards the next record being a bit heavier sonically, which took me by surprise a bit because I thought they might end up leaning into the After Laughter sound a bit more moving forward.

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Bring on the heavy

Jim, coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Is much rather hear them build upon the After Laughter sound - I would have loved to see how that evolved and I think it’s far superior to all the iterations of Paramore that came before. It felt fresh and unique.

Alas, I am aware of the interviews referenced above where they said they’re wanting to move back to explore heavier sounds again.

At least we got two Hayley Williams solo albums first.

Mary V likes this.
  23. BenSmith94

Trusted

I liked After Laughter, but I don't enjoy it as much as the previous three records before it. Their self-titled record is my favourite, so would love to see them return to that sort of sound while expanding on it/changing it up.

unbornwhiskey, Spha and SpyKi like this.
  24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

if they legit follow-up on how heavy “future” is the resulting album will probably kill me

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

AL is my favorite but I'm not really hoping for a continuation of that as much as something new

coleslawed, beachdude, Mary V and 2 others like this.