Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 60

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. RyanRyan

As long as you’re aware I think Cars is their best album.

Also I first discovered Now, Now at my first ever gig...which was them opening for Paramore in 2009 haha.

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

AL
    BNE
    Self titled
    The rest.

I honestly don’t even listen to the others anymore, and I’ve been a fan since AWKIF. I just think they improved so much over the years.

Ugh. I love them so much!

3. Omni

Regular

AL > BNE > S/T > Riot > AWKIF

Lucas27 likes this.
  4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Think I've said it on here before, but 50% of AL has their best songs and the other 50% is kinda whatever.

5. Tomozaurus

Regular

I have a weird love for their first album that a lot of people don't share. There are a bunch of songs on it I love.
    That said, I can't say it is better than their more recent stuff.

Behind New Eyes
    After Laughter
    Paramore
    All We Know is Falling
    Riot!

K0ta likes this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

This is correct.

7. K0ta Dec 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2019)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Future is one of their best songs don't @ me. I really love s/t. Plus the singles club, and all the b-sides of that album, there were so many strong songs during that era.

As for rankings AWKIF will always have a special place in my heart because of all the memories I have with the band during that album cycle. I like it more than Riot! as a whole. That being said it's obviously their weakest work, but I do revisit it often. Idk I feel like for me memories are just as important as the songs themselves on an album so it's so hard to rank cause all the albums have so much history for me.

Now ranking Paramore songs, that's a task I'd love to complete one day.

I would probably say for me:

After Laughter
    Self-titled
    Brand New Eyes
    AWKIF
    Riot!

Please Paramore play a song off AWKIF again :(

8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

They played Here We Go Again with the ATDI outro on Parahoy and I ascended.

9. K0ta

Total throwback I love that

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

BNE is my easy favorite and AL is probably #2 but after that it’s messy for me. Riot and AWKIF are much more consistent than s/t but s/t has more top tier songs. Same for AL. Some top tier songs but there are too many moments I straight up don’t like to give it a secure #2.

11. Omni

Regular

AL is pretty much perfect from front to back for me

coleslawed, contra11mundum and Greg like this.
  12. I gotta revisit BNE. I like everything they’ve put out but I never go to put that one on. Without checking it I can’t even tell you what is on it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. ItsJoe

Joe

I love Brand New Eyes, especially All I Wanted.

RyanRyan and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I know it's unpopular, but I've always felt like BNE is the watered down, less creative version of Riot. After AWKIF, Riot was a huge change. BNE was basically the same thing, but safer.

Then s/t was completely different, then AL was completely different

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I agree that they've gotten better with each album

16. RyanRyan

Idk if that’s true of S/T personally

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. Yeah, I pretty much forget ST exists. It’s the only album of theirs I never bothered buying. Way too much filler on it for me to really enjoy. It’s got some jams though. But I’m fine only hearing those few songs live.

After Laughter, AWKIF, and Riot is the holy trinity.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Selftitled is still their clear high point for me. Their most interesting and enjoyable album. I always see the filler complaint but there's only two songs on there that I don't think are fantastic and there's at least that many on every other album of theirs too.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Echoing this! My exact thoughts.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. K0ta Dec 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2019)
    K0ta

I think they did so many interesting things on S/T, sure they have a lot going on but to me I enjoy most songs, save a couple ((One of Those) Crazy Girls never did it for me....). I also love Escape Route and Native Tongue. A few of the songs on that album are more interesting to me now than they were when they first came out (Fast In My Car, Now, for instance). I would've been really curious to hear what they would have done had they gone on to make another album as that iteration, if it would have come together a little more cohesively. I'll never be sad about Zac coming back though, truly a moment that brings tears to my eyes to think about. :verysad:

21. K0ta

I listen to The Final RIOT! more than RIOT! too tbh.

22. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I'll always think similarly of the S/T record as I do with The Wonder Years and No Closer To Heaven. There's some good stuff on there, as well as some not so great stuff, but it's a band in transition. Both of those albums needed to be made in order for the band to progress to the next stage of their sound, and produce follow ups that are clear high points for each band (After Laughter and Sister Cities).

23. a lack of color

Regular

My claim to fame is that I'm in the documentary part of the Final Riot DVD for like 4 seconds.

RyanRyan, David Parke and K0ta like this.
  24. K0ta

Shout out to the real ones whose names are listed in the box set booklet

a lack of color likes this.
  25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Shout out to the people who purchased it!