Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The interludes are great. Only songs on that album that I don't think are wonderful are "Now" and "Be Alone".

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd cut Be Alone, Hate to See Your Heart Break, interludes, maybe Daydreaming. The rest is great though.

3. SpyKi

Daydreaming is soooo good.

Penguin, morgantayler and Iago like this.
  4. Iago

forbidden chalice.

One of my favorites along with "Proof"

5. yeah, "daydreaming" is too good to take off. but i agree that the interludes are unneeded. they make the album feel extra long.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

their latest album is their best. I'd be down for a new record from these cats.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The self titled is their best album. That said though, Crazy Girls, Be Alone and Future could all be cut and I wouldn't mind. The interludes I'm indifferent about though, there's only three and they're really short.

8. SpyKi

I love "Crazy Girls" and the first half to "Future" might be my favourite part of the album.

9. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

Crazy Girls is definitely my least favorite song on the album. Be Alone I actually really like. Future is kind of boring to listen to but it's a showstopper live. I saw them play it on tour last year and it was intense.

10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I like the first half of Future, but the rest just seems to drag on way to long. haha I imagine it's cooler live.

11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Future is my favorite Paramore song, and seeing it live only further established that for me.

Edit: This is coming from someone that always liked some of the hits, but S/T really made me dive into their catalog. I definitely dig the old records, but the S/T sound is still my favorite.

m9tt likes this.
  12. Iago

forbidden chalice.

My favorite is "Franklin". I have a lot of memories attached to that song.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Proof might be my favorite song from S/T

Iago likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still don't understand the end of Future where the music fades out then in, it just doesn't sound good... it's weird.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That song was so disappointing as a closer. Still think it's a total dud. Still not into it.

16. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Very nice to see Taylor and Hayley supporting Zac at his Halfnoise show. Taylor played the set with him and Hayley was around.

kelly, morgantayler and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Jigger

Fanboy

What are the chances Zac gets to play drums on the 5th record? :teethsmile: haha one can dream.

18. Awksome

Regular

Eh, at the end of the day they have Aaron Gillespie now. Not sure if he'll play drums on their next record but still. On the other hand, rumour has it that Hayley will be featured in the next Halfnoise album.

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

These tweets make me so happy, I'm really glad that they are still friends.

20. satelliteskin

ok

So happy to see that they support each other. I wonder if (& hope) they will collaborate in the future.

21. Jigger

Fanboy

But it would really have that sort of organic feel to have the original drummer record for them. Also, Aaron clarified in an article that he will not be recording for paramore and that he will only play drums for them in a live setting. But that could change, who knows.

EDIT: here's the article, Hayley Williams Hard At Work Making Paramore New Album 2016! Drummer Aaron Gillespie Not Involved?

22. Awksome

Regular

Oh, I've listened to that podcast and for some reason I remember he meant it as "I'm not doing anything else because no one asked" but I could be wrong. Either way, I wouldn't be against Zac recording for them.

Hope the next album will explore more of that Future/Part II sound. Taylor is good at writing heavier stuff.

m9tt likes this.
  23. Liz

Ew, David

I think that type of sound is really what Taylor writes & plays best. And from what I've heard him say in interviews and especially on this last Parahoy, it seems like that's the type of music he likes most too (he said Radiohead was his fave band and I can definitely hear their influence in his songwriting) so I think its likely that their next album will go more in that direction. But it'll be amazing, whatever they end up doing

satelliteskin likes this.
  24. Liz

Ew, David

Same! I became a fan with Brand New Eyes and pretty much every other band I listen to now is because of Paramore. They opened up this whole new world of music to me :)

kelly and Iago like this.
  25. satelliteskin

ok

Yess, I'd LOVE too see them venture into the Future sound a bit more too. It's one of my favorite songs on the album.

Taking that route would be so, so good for the band imo.

m9tt likes this.