Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I totally know what you mean, but the live version really is beautiful. The Final Riot version of every song is probably better hahaha, I just love what they do with those songs live.

personalmaps likes this.
  2. Skinkie

Regular

I’ve never understood the love for Brand New Eyes as an album. I’ve always felt it starts strong, but then kinda dies off for awhile before picking back up at the end. Really I think it’s a track order problem more than anything else. Feeing Sorry/Looking Up/Where the Lines Overlap all seem to samey to be right in a row and I tend to zone out. Maybe if they were more interspersed with the more upbeat tracks from the front of the record. Of course that would slow the right out the gate momentum that is the albums best feature

irthesteve likes this.
  3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

easy: Careful, Playing God, and Turn It Off, and Misguided Ghosts are god-tier songs that honestly make it my favorite album just for those alone. Until AL, it was their most cohesive work.

While I don't think it's perfect, I think it does perfectly encapsulates and defines their thesis as a pop punk band. I'm glad they went the S/T route after, because I think they reached the logical end of that sound and anything after would have plateaued them.

4. K0ta

The album feels like it moves as a unit the whole way through; the three songs you highlighted are upbeat, especially Looking Up which goes off. Hayley's vocals are so dynamic the whole time I'd be hard pressed to find a moment when I'm bored. I agree with @personalmaps, it was definitely their most cohesive record before AL.

Omni and Joe4th like this.
  5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Totally agree with this. I can easily admit that their sound has grown and they have progressed as a band on albums since, but BNE is still my favourite record of theirs. The way Careful into Ignorance hits, it just blasts you away. You can feel the anger and emotion that the band were going through when writing that record so clearly, in the same way that you can feel emotion with After Laughter. The way the record progresses through to Looking Up, it's a rollercoaster. It's something which this band is pretty great at.

6. K0ta

Now I'm sad about Looking Up because that song gave me so much hope for them haha :verysad:

Joe4th likes this.
  7. K0ta

I think Paramore have one of the best discography's out there and I think there aren't many bands that can master so many different looks and sounded good doing it every time; whether one likes AL or has never gotten over what they were doing before it, I think personal opinons vs. objective opinons can really vary for them and personally I think that's awesome.

8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

They opened with Looking Up on Parahoy and I legit burst into tears when they played the first chord because it felt TRUE for the first time.

9. K0ta

Ahhh that's so amazing I can't stand it brb going to be having Paramore emotions all day

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. I did a deep dive on paramore this weekend in Palm Springs but it was a shuffled deep dive. I’m going chronological today from start to finish based solely on the discourse in here and IM NOT MAD ABOUT IT!

RJ Knorr, Omni, TylerDrumming and 2 others like this.
  11. K0ta

Report back, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

David Parke likes this.
  12. For extra fun I’ll have it up like this on my desk at work. Also, gonna do standard releases and not deluxe - giving me a greater chance of making it thru all the records.
    0383992F-380C-4647-BCBA-D59A90A1F58A.png

K0ta likes this.
  13. Well that was a blast. Only because @K0ta was interested, here's some notes I wrote down while listening to the discography all the way thru:
    Emergency sounds like it could have been on the self-titled record. Talk about a band that knew what they'd be right off the bat. Even further on this, there were songs like Let The Flames Begin, and Miracle that sound like they could have been on AWKIF. I mean, just such a cohesive sound.
    They know how to open records! Every album starts with a kick to the teeth.
    That's What You Get and Crush have got to be top-5 jams for me.
    I ONFTEN forget about BNE because I loved AL and Self Titled so much that I just never went back but it's SO GOOD! It does have some songs on the back that I kinda forgot about - but not a bad song in the bunch! I forgot how much I LOVE Misguided Ghosts. What a great track.
    IDK what else I could say about AL that hasn't already been said. So inspired, brave to reinvent themselves in the way they did, and hit it so far out of the park. Wow. I AM a very casual fan in that i consume and enjoy but i don't get into the nitty gritty - what's the story behind "No Friend?" Is that Zac? I am gonna look more into that track. I dug it but never really thought about it before.
    This binge solidified the band as a top 3 for me. Love love love them!

K0ta and TheJMan like this.
  14. Omni

Regular

That's Aaron Weiss from mewithoutYou.

Mary V and David Parke like this.
  15. Woah that’s super interesting. Gonna revisit again!

Omni likes this.
  16. K0ta

Y'all need to see this absolutely insane piece of Paramore merch I forgot I had but took back from my mom's recently when I visited.

Iirc I got this at Bamboozle in 2007. It's sleeveless. I have no idea how I could wear this and rock it but I'm determined to try

15647807775795798857599062277209.jpg 15647808155305787046384095587105.jpg

17. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

New interview with Entertainment Tonight where Hayley talks about what's going on with the band and the origins of riot-era hair with Brian.

Full interview here: Beautycon 2019: Hayley Williams

18. Omni

Regular

So we probably won't get any new music from them in the next year or so. Bummer.

19. K0ta

This look --- sis really snapped ---- ICONIC

TylerDrumming, Mary V and Omni like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ahhh, really sad to hear this. Conflicted by it's cool to see her in such a good place and focusing on her business, but I really was hoping that they were writing a new album.

Omni likes this.
  21. ramres

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Whew. Thought that was gonna be a break up announcement. I’m totally cool with them just living life for a bit.

MegT585 likes this.
  23. TheJMan

Trusted

I really need new Paramore in my life but I’m all for them taking their time and putting out another killer album when they feel the time is right.

Omni likes this.
  24. trevorshmevor Sep 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 5, 2019)
    A small break seems like business as usual for them, considering their track record for the last decade. Sounds like they’re collectively in a better state of mental health this time though so that’s good! After Laughter’s got that mileage on it so they can take their time

25. ramres

before the day ends, happy 10th to brand new eyes