Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 51

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Still an underrated banger. I'll watch Hayley kick a wall all day long

BUT YOU'RE GONNA LOSE IT, YOU'RE GONNA LOSE IIIIITTT
    Come on it's so good!

2. K0ta

Happy 14 years to the album that changed my life.
    all-we-know-is-falling-5266d8bd51dce.jpg

3. Wow! 14 years!? Time fuckin flies. When this album leaked, I stumbled on it and immediately fell in love. I contacted them via MySpace I think and ended up getting on their street team. They sent me a shit ton of posters and stickers, and a few boxes of CD samplers that had a couple songs from this album. It was so awesome! I have so many memories with this album in particular. I'm gonna have to bust it out today and give it a spin. It's been a little bit.

4. K0ta

That's so awesome! Any chance you have some of that stuff left ahhaa

Was it the blue stickers with their old logo font?

paramore_logo_02.jpg

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Yup, it was the blue stickers with that logo/font. I'm pretty sure I still have a few stickers left and maybe a couple of CD samplers somewhere as well. There were 2 different samplers. One was the AWKIF sampler, and one was a Fueled By Ramen sampler with a few bands other bands on it.

K0ta likes this.
  6. BenSmith94

Trusted

Listened to Self-Titled again recently and now think it's their best album. I always liked it at the time, but re-listening to it just reminded me of how many bangers are on that record.

7. Is too long and there’s a few songs that drag it down. It’s easily my least listened to Paramore album. I think After Laughter is actually their best album, personally. It’s so cohesive and nothing feels out of place.

awakeohsleeper, JamesMichael and Greg like this.
  8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

After Laughter is 50% the band's best material, 50% pretty good songs but nothing I'm clamoring to listen to again

ramres and irthesteve like this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

^
    I need to listen to it again because that was similar to my thoughts on it at the time. I basically liked half of it and wasn't too fussed about the rest.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm with you here

11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

It’s a toss-up between AL and S/T for me for sure. BNE is also really close.

ramres likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I like each album more than the previous one.

13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I haven’t listened to AWKIF for aggggges I’ll give this a nostalgia listen tomorrow.

Echoing what K0ta said above I think Monster is a classic from them and I did actually really enjoy that Singles Club ep they did in-between the Farro brothers leaving and the S/T album.

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My objective ranking is probably AL > BNE > S/T > Riot > AWKIF.

My personal ranking is BNE > AL > Riot > S/T > AWKIF.

It’s hard to rank though because I genuinely love every single album so much. I think the only song I ever really skip on any album is HYSYHB.

15. Omni

Regular

AL and BNE are my two favorites. I've gone back and forth on which one I think is their best a few times but I recently settled on AL. The S/T is a great record too, very close behind BNE for me. It's crazy because I liked their first two albums a lot when they came out but the albums they've released since then are just on another level. I like this band more and more as the years go on.

I think I'd agree with @personalmaps' objective ranking for both my objective and personal rankings.

AL > BNE > S/T > Riot > AWKIF

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

After Laughter is best and it's not close

I may be biased because I didn't listen to anything between Riot and AL until after AL came out

But AL is one of my favorite albums easy

I agree each album has been better than the last

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

After Laughter is def GOAT

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  18. JM95

Trusted

The state of you all putting AWKIF last...

19. personalmaps

I love every song on AWKIF but I’m not going to pretend Paramore hasn’t improved exponentially since they were 15.

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, ranking it last isn't necessarily saying it's bad, just that it isn't their best work, which I don't know how you could really argue it is.

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Certainly not the best but I’d probably put it above riot myself. that run from emergency through whoa is stupendous.

JM95 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  22. Omni

Regular

Putting AWKIF over Riot is definitely fair. They're pretty close for me.

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm not huge on either Riot or AWKIF, but there's still a pretty decent gap between the two for me. There's really only two or three songs on AWKIF I go back to whereas I still listen to most of Riot

24. K0ta

I don't think there's an album I know front to back in my bones quite like AWKIF, but attempting to be impartial it is certainly their weakest work when put up against their whole discography. In the context of 2005-2006 when it was their only album it was HUGE though. And I still revisit it more than I revisit Riot. I'll listen to AWKIF front to back with no skips but I'll skip some songs on Riot every time (I'm looking at you Crushx3 :eyeglass::eyeglass:).

Omni, ChaseTx and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  25. personalmaps

I think the only song I consistently skip on Riot is "We Are Broken" because it feels so much like Bendeth trying to get them to do something he likes better than what they're doing on the other songs. Also because the cool live version they did for the Final Riot is SO much better.

Omni and K0ta like this.