Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. satelliteskin

ok

That recap made me so emotional omfg. Best experience of my life damn

kelly likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That Parahoy video looks so fun

3. oh my god I haven't listened to Brandneweyes in SOOO long

satelliteskin likes this.
  4. kelly

Can't believe the self titled is 3 today!

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I can, it feels like forever.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah it feels like even longer than that.

Chase Tremaine and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. JM95

Trusted

I still haven't made my mind up about the self-titled. I'm going to have to listen to it this week and decide what I think about it.

8. satelliteskin

ok

SUCH a good album.

9. Come to think of it, I don't think I've listened to it since 2009, maybe early 2010. I wrote a 3.5 star review of it for my high school newspaper, then didn't really listen much to Paramore again until the s/t made me fall in love all over again.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. Whhhaaaa that is wild!

S/t would probably be my favorite POP album of the past 3 years then, besides perhaps Jesse McCartney's In Technicolor or Dirty Loops' Loopified. Those albums aren't necessarily as good, but they're the only pop albums off the top of my head that even come close.

11. Perhaps try listening to it on shuffle if you haven't tried that before? I like the tracklisting as it is now that I "get" the album, but before then the first two tracks were extremely off-putting to me. My first time attempting to listen through the album, I got halfway through "Fast In My Car" and gave up.

12. SpyKi

The 1975's new album is probably my favourite pop album since Some Nights.

JRGComedy and Chase Tremaine like this.
  13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I loved "Back Together" but everything else on the album fell short for me. I loved that song though and the style with his voice. Also loved his look and just the general aesthetic for that era

14. Really? Interesting. As much as I loved "Back Together," after spending more time with the album, that song is now one of my least favorites. The closing ballad "The Other Guy" is, I think, the best song he's ever composed, meanwhile "All About Us" is a love-on-the-rocks masterpiece. The way he changes his vocal performance and harmonies each chorus really adds to the story of the song and builds upon the emotion in ways that I've never really heard elsewhere in pop. I think throughout the album he really uses the verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure to its fullest potential, while utilizing old-fashion instrumentation and production that doesn't sound like the retro veneer so many copy-cats love taking advantage of. I'd recommend revisiting those two tracks to see if the whole album might be worth you revisiting.

15. I actually haven't listened to iliwys in a month or so, as much as I loved it when it came out. So far nothing this year has been floating to the top of new releases and forcing me to listen to it over and over.

16. SpyKi

It's been pretty much that, Babymetal and Kanye for me this year.

17. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

In terms of finest pop albums in recent memory, I really can't go past the new Carly Rae Jepsen record. Alpine's Yuck is a close second.

18. What a broad trio! Ha. I haven't listened to the Kanye record since watching the MSG premiere and I've only heard a little bit of the Babymetal record. I've sadly been listening to most albums only once. Records I've spun multiple times have been The 1975, Into It. Over It, o'brother, Shearwater, Chairlift, Donovan Woods, Hiromi, Hands Like Houses, Weezer, and I've listened twice through to the Brian Fallon and Dustin Kensrue records.

19. SpyKi

For some reason I've been hardly listening to anything new this year so I've been spending more time with the albums I have listened to. I like the Chairlift and Rihanna albums a lot too. I still need to listen to most of those, ha.

20. I feel your pain. So much of my time has gone to writing/learning music or listening to podcasts that it's been a struggle to make time for listening to new music just for fun. Listening to it dedicatedly and with focus has been even harder. I hate it

21. SpyKi

Weirdly enough I've had more free time than ever to listen to new stuff I just haven't been. I used to listen to way more when I was working and could try new stuff out then.

22. I've got a few factors that get in the way of me listening to new music in work, but for me work has been my main time for podcast listening. I usually cram 4 hours of nonstop podcasts into most of my 8 hour work days.

23. SpyKi

Haha, I only listen to two podcasts so I'm pretty ok for that.

24. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

[​IMG]

I always thought they looked similar

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

S/T has some fantastic songs but it's also really really bloated, in particular I could lose the interludes and the last few songs.