Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's about even with Self-Titled, which is just slightly trailing Brand New Eyes. Brand New Eyes has some of the best longevity out of really any album I've ever listened to. No matter how many times I've listened to it, I'm always immediately pulled in as soon as Careful starts.

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Brand New Eyes is my favorite, as well

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

After Laughter is utterly fantastic. One of their best, if not their best.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

my main problem is that I really don't care for Forgiveness, 26, No Friend or Tell Me How. And on top of that, Fake Happy and Pool aren't really doin much for me either

5. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I think the songs are very thematically similar, so if your not relating to the well "people are so full of shit" mentality that reverberates through the album I can see just not being into it. Fortunately for me, I relate. I love the album. I do think No Friend is a complete waste of a track though.

6. irthesteve

Regardless of the theme or lyrics, I just don't like those songs overall.

FTank and AFoolsGlory like this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah there's a few too many that don't do a lot for me too and nothing that I like as much as my favourites on other albums which keeps it from being on the same level as S/T or BNE. I really like the general theme of the lyrics though and think it's some of her best work in that department.

8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

man, forgiveness might be my favorite song on the entire record. not even lyrically, i just find it so soothing. the only song i tend to skip is caught in the middle, but thats growing on me a lot now

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Greg

Every song is good.

10. SpyKi

I wouldn't say any song is bad but I skip Forgiveness, 26 and No Friend every time now. Not a huge fan of Grudges either.

11. irthesteve

we see very eye to eye here....

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Kuri44

Not only do I think this is by far paramores best record, this is easily my favorite record of the year and probably one of my all time favorite records. Love love love

tumbleweedterror, Joe4th and Greg like this.
  13. I have a hard time listening to their first three albums in full. That walls of guitars kind of thing gets tiring after few songs, but this is the way pop punk mostly is, and I guess that was Josh Farro's main writing style. They became a much more dynamic band starting with S/T. Hayley also doesn't sing like she has to overpower the other instruments anymore which is pretty cool as well.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Just got back from seeing the band out in Europe throughout the last week. They're better than ever and the fun they're having on stage really makes the show. It's almost infectious and I think it really shows when they've played the Halfnoise cover. 90% of the crowd has no idea what they're playing, but the band is up there - throwing on some shades and shaking their banana maracas - and the crowd just dances along with them. New songs were so much fun live, especially Fake Happy. They've done some subtle, but noticeable changes to older songs that freshen them up a bit. Go see them.

[​IMG]

P.S. Grabbed the setlist and Zac's drumstick, so my life has been made. Someone bury me with them.

[​IMG]

15. Lucas27

Trusted

Unpopular opinion: I'd put the S/T at #4 in their discography behind After Laughter, BNE, and Riot! respectively. Yes, the band reinvented themselves and hit another level of creativity, but even with the interludes that album just isn't very cohesive and it still feels a little bloated to me. This is coming from someone who loves lengthy records too.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  16. Greg

Agreed. S/T desperately needed a producer who was willing to step in and help them cut the fat.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it's my 4th favorite album of theirs

which may sound like a knock on the surface but i really really really like riot, bne, and self-titled

18. SpyKi

It's easily my favourite, partly because it's so diverse. There's only two songs I don't love which is less than every other album of theirs except BNE.

Lucas27 likes this.
  19. Lucas27

Trusted

I feel like if they got rid of "Be Alone" (which is a drag) and "Crazy Girls" (which I really like, it's just out of place) and moved the second interlude between "Last Hope" and "Still Into You," it would be tighter and the flow would make more sense. That's my unimportant opinion on the matter. :)

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Same producer did After Laughter, which it seems he learned to do so.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. Greg

I would say so

22. Greg

I'd cut a good bit.

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

After Laughter is definitely my favorite. Their most cohesive and focused album to date. I love the themes, lyrics, aesthetic, and just about every song. Only weakness is a slight misuse of Aaron Weiss, but I still kind of see what they were going for.

24. Lucas27

Trusted

Yeah, I think he was used well. I was scared at first because you really can't hear him well at first, but as his voice rises and becomes more audible it creates a really cool effect. Just him being on an entire song is so darn cool to me.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. SpyKi

I like Aaron Weiss a lot more than I like Paramore and it's still my least favourite song on the album, haha.