Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 4, 2016.

1. kelly

did u enjoy my q&a question
    i was v nervous

2. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

omg yes you had a little cheerleader section

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

Monumentour was amazing. I wish I could have seen the Future tour. Seems to me like Paramore puts together a great show/setlist, tour half the country one year, and then put together an entirely different show/setlist and tour the other half of the country the next year. I always feel like I miss out on some of my favorite tracks because they play them on the opposite legs, even though I see them ever time they come through.

Bring on a new era! I'm ready!

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Whatever they end up doing, I will love it.

5. MizBizSav

misguided ghost

What does everyone think album number five is going to sound like? I'm thinking it's going to be more subdued than the previous record. More in-line with AWKIF and BNE than RIOT! and the self-titled. Of course, these are just wild guesses as all we know at this point is that they are writing and recording in Nashville, but it's fun to speculate.

6. permanentann

we'll kick it when I hit the ground

Literally have not been a regular poster in years (previously SuchAPerson22, figured I'd make my new username match all my others), but I'm trying to get back into it with the new site. Figured starting here was as good of a place as any! So hello!!!

I'm finding myself surprisingly unaffected by the Jeremy stuff. I'm just as excited for a new album as I've ever been, and I'm down for any sound or vibe they want to give. JUST GIVE IT SOON

Meerkat and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I'm not letting that hinder my excitement either. I can't wait!

8. Iago

forbidden chalice.

This is the band that got me into music. One day, I was flickering through channels on the TV and the "Careful" music video was playing. The following week, I grabbed the empty iPod that was sitting in my drawer without a single use and put on all their songs onto the device. It took me another year or so for me to listen to other bands, but Paramore was crucial to the beginning of something beautiful.

9. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Im kinda hoping they go in the direction of Last Hope and Future, those are easily my favorite songs on S/T. Future is probably even my favorite Paramore song.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Man, you're still in the first 7 years of being a music fan? I'm so jealous in a way. That thrill of discovery in the beginning is the best.

Jason Tate and Iago like this.
  11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This is so cool. I love this story. What else do you listen to?

Iago likes this.
  12. Iago Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

Yup! I got into Paramore in 2011, spent a whole year with just their discography, got a Tumblr, discovered the Warped Tour scene bands like Tonight Alive/We Are The In Crowd/All Time Low/You Me At Six/etc., and I spent about 8 months with those. Then, in late 2013/early 2014, I was browsing the internet to learn more about The Wonder Year's The Greatest Generation, and I stumbled upon AbsolutePunk. I found out about Fireworks this way because The Wonder Years thread was having a discussion about Gospel around that time. I also read the article about the top 30 albums of 2013 and I saw some familiar records such as Paramore, Save Rock and Roll, and the aforementioned Wonder Years record. I thought that was cool, so I listened to the winner of that year, Trouble Will Find Me, and I didn't understand the record because I was never exposed to music that "slow" before. It took me another year or so to finally appreciate it. Ever since then, I've been lurking the forums and all of my favorite bands, bar Paramore, have been discovered through the threads that I'd visit every day.

I'm so excited because I have the rest of my life to tackle music. A similar story came from my experience with Brand New. It was when We Are The In Crowd did a cover of "Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades". I decided to check out that song and Deja Entendu because it was the exact kind of sound I wanted WATIC to explore upon. When I first heard "Tautou", I had a moment of realization that there is so much music in this world and I'll probably never be able to experience all of it, but man, music is diverse and beautiful. I never heard a track like that before, and to this day, every time I listen to that album opener, I remember everything about that exact moment. If "Careful" was the song that got me into music, "Tautou" is the song that solidified my passion for it. Ever since that day, I've been fully immersed in music and have decided to give it all I got to become a musician myself.

As a side note, I adored your release Under The Brilliant Lights. I remember myself listening to it a good chunk in 2015. Good stuff.

Thank you! It's weird to list favorite bands because I have some bands where I absolutely adore one record but haven't given other ones as big of a chance, but my two absolute favorite bands are Brand New and Jimmy Eat World. If you were to peek into my top 20 albums, you'd see releases from those two, Thrice, Manchester Orchestra, Moving Mountains, Foxing, Pianos Become The Teeth, Copeland, The Hotelier, Fireworks, Fall Out Boy, Basement, The Sidekicks, Balance and Composure, Pentimento, Circa Survive, Tigers Jaw, and of course, Paramore.

I also adore The Gaslight Anthem, which subsequently introduced me to both Butch Walker and Bruce Springsteen (I've only ever heard Afraid of Ghosts, Sycamore Meadows, and Born To Run, though). CHVRCHES, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Julien Baker have been pivotal artists for me last year as I've been trying to rediscover female artists as I felt my listening habits lacked that side of representation. I'm also slowly getting into hip hop, as I've been listening to Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, and Future. I also have a sweet tooth for some records in the 90s, so along with JEW's Clarity, I absolute adore Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary and Built To Spill's Keep It Like A Secret.

Basically, whatever is discussed on the site, I'll probably check out eventually. If I see an artist mentioned on a thread I frequent a lot, it'll increase the chances of me checking them out. I'm also hoping to work my way down the timeline, as there's so many good albums from previous eras that I've never tried yet. Lastly, of course, I try to keep up with the new records. My four favorite records from this year so far have been Pinegrove's Cardinal, Basement's Promise Everything, Daughter's Not To Disappear, and Brian Fallon's Painkillers.

yohanmustdie and permanentann like this.
  13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I like youZ.

I'm also drunk listening to Copeland but I mean it.

Iago likes this.
  14. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I mentioned this in a previous thread, but Ixora has extreme importance to me, being my fifth favorite record of all time. It was all I'd listen to for a couple of months. That record was the first record with that kind of sound that immediately clicked (as opposed to the previously mentioned Trouble Will Find Me). It introduced me to a sound with a wonderful pallet of instrumentation and because I appreciated its "slow burning" sound, it was a stepping stone to get into records like Dealer, Keep You, and Afraid Of Ghosts.

15. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

What about that 1975 record on your avatar? ha. I find that Paramore and The 1975 are two very exciting bands right now that can do whatever they want. Currently, I'm finding that when I have no idea where a band is going to go next, it's a thrilling time to be a fan. I'm getting bored of predictability and repetitiveness even when it comes to some of my favorite bands. The evolution from each paramore record to the next is why they're my favorite band. With the 1975, those two records so far indicate to me a promising future.

16. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Their LP just recently impressed me! At the time I wrote that, the album wasnt clicking, so it didnt make the top 4. Shortly after, something felt right about it and I've been obsessed with it. It's actually my clear cut number one so far!

ramres likes this.
  17. deathcabforkatie

Well, at least you didn't sass Hayley about Vegemite in front of a couple thousand people .__.

Parahoy was probably one of the best things I've ever done. Amazing bands, great sets from Paramore, friends, unlimited food and just really damn positive vibes.

kelly likes this.
  18. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Been a fan since early Riot era (I'm twenty-two, so I was younger) and became obsessed with them (and, to be honest, Hayley Williams) for a few years, until brand new eyes came out and I never had any interest. Their self-titled is probably my favorite album they've done and their early stuff is some of my favorite "high school-core" music to have nostalgia over. Hopefully this album will deliver and Ken Andrews will come back to mix it. His involvement is always a good sign for anything, imo.

19. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I really hope I can go to Parahoy once I have a real adult job and can afford it. Maybe that PVRIS rumor will become a reality next year...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. JM95

Trusted

I got into Paramore a lot later than I should have. Riot came out when I was like 12 and even then I'd built up a skepticism towards the way music was marketed so I just assumed that the reason I saw that front cover absolutely everywhere was simply because they had a female vocalist. Took me years to give them a proper listen and once I did, I got obsessed with them for months; just listened to them pretty much every day and watched live performances and old interviews.

I still think All We Know Is Falling is probably my favourite Paramore album. For some reason I'm still undecided on the self-titled record. I need to get round to having a proper opinion on it.

21. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Dude, I was about 12 when I found out about them, too! lol. I hadn't even started listening to music until around that age, and for some reason it just grabbed me (maybe because it had a female vocalist, like you said). I was always really big on All We Know is Falling, too. It's a total time-warp every time I listen to it!

It's crazy, though, because Paramore introduced me to a lot of my favorite bands today like Say Anything, Set Your Goals, and Failure. They were a total gateway band and I don't think they get enough credit for being so supportive of "the scene" or whatever we wanna call it, haha.

22. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

The payment plans they offer help a lot! Really the only reason I ended up getting to go haha.

23. kelly Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    kelly

dat recap video

(
    )

satelliteskin likes this.
  24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Okay seriously how did I not see a notification for this post!?! Now I feel like a dick for not answering.

Thank you so much, man. That means a whole hell of a lot. Hope you like the new one in a few months, too.

And yeah I estimate I've probably heard 6 or 7 thousand records in my life at this point (really rough estimate). And I still marvel at how much amazing music there is out here that I haven't gotten to. I hope you don't lose that sense of discovery, man. It's not easy to hang on to.

Iago likes this.
  25. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh that video bringing feelings. I can't believe it's been a month :verysad: