Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Tour Two Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by redwing91007, May 15, 2017.

1. SPine Oct 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2017)
    SPine

Trusted

The Akron show was so great. Can't get over how good they sounded. Scooby and Everywhere were good, but I do agree I would have liked to have seen Pool, another song off Self Titled, Decode, or anything off BNE.

bachna84 likes this.
  2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Agree 100%. It's not just young people either. I saw Paul McCartney recently and the guy in front of me "Facebook Live(d)" the entire show. He was probably in his late 50s and Paul was just a blurry white light on his screen. He had a maximum of 10 people watch it. The only way I'd record an entire concert is if someone couldn't go and gave me their tickets as an exchange. I'm sure that's not the case for 99% of people filming.

heymattrick and bachna84 like this.
  3. EarthShifts

Trusted

Also agree. I went to the NFG 20 years by myself and the guy in front of me had his phone up and posted almost the whole show (in 15 second clips) on Snapchat. It was incredibly annoying.

bachna84 likes this.
  4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Yeah, I agree with you 100%! Great show though.

Also, I loved being home before 11 haha

5. SPine

Trusted

I got to the venue, grabbed a beer, and got in my seat at exactly 8:40 and seconds later they got on stage haha. Venue was beautiful, I had never been there before. Hoping they come back to Cleveland next summer.

bachna84 likes this.
  6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I’d only been there once (saw Puscifer there last year) but yeah, it’s a pretty nice venue!

I think Akron will be getting more shows in the future with The Goodyear Theater too.

They sounded great though. Fake Happy was probably my favorite of the After Laughter songs that they played

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

I feel that. I went to Imagine Dragons in Denver the other night, and I was overwhelmed at how many families with young children were there. The family in front of us, the young girl was probably 7 or 8 and filmed almost the whole thing on her phone. I wanted to just tell her to look up and look at the real thing right in front of her! But then I noticed mommy and daddy were on their phones the whole night too, so it doesn't surprise me why Jr. thinks it's okay.

8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

In this world we live in now, it's more about being there instead of enjoying the experience. That's why I have to give props to artists like Dave Chappelle that use those lock boxes for your phones. Even Corey Taylor when I saw Stone Sour this summer said to everyone filming, "Look. There's hundreds of shitty YouTube videos of our live show. The world doesn't need yours". I wish there was like an unspoken rule where everyone with cameras has to abide by the pit photographers rules. First 3 songs, you can film/take pictures with no flash. After that, you put away the phones. It would work great for this Paramore tour since the first 3 songs of the set are really popular.

9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I try not to be down on how people choose to experience things, but man, is it a bummer to pay $60 for a ticket, be very short, and not be able to see a lot because the person in front you you is holding their phone up to snapchat the whole thing. I couldn't let it go because if she hadn't been doing that, I would have had a perfectly fine view for most of the set. A little consideration for those around you would go a long way at a lot of shows. I really hope it isn't like that on Parahoy- that's kind of my glimmer of hope to have an uninterrupted view/experience.

heymattrick and Joe4th like this.
  10. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Parahoy is also a sea of phones sadly

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I like to take photos and stories for my instagram.

But nothing where I hold my phone up for an entire song. That just sucks.

SPine likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Even when I do want to record something, I try to make sure that I'm not holding it high above my head or somewhere where it's in someones view (granted this is easier for me since I'm taller). In the rare case I record a large portion of a song, I try not to even watch my phone. I just hit record and hold it facing the stage and call it good enough. The problem has definitely gotten out of control.

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

See, there's the time I will judge the hell out of people. I'm spending a whole year financing this trip- like hell I'm gonna watch it through my phone or anyone else's. Especially when I KNOW there's a woman who has near-professional quality recordings of the past two and has already begged people to let her do it / not be on their phones the whole time on this one.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I think one of the only times I recorded something on the last cruise was when Hayley did Vicious Love with New Found Glory. I'm glad I did because I don't think that's going to happen again

15. Okay so this is legitimately something to get angry about, right? Because at another concert I had a phone blocking my view of the lead singer during the best part of my favorite song and I was trying so hard not to get mad.

On a semi-related note, the girl (~7yo) in front of me at the Paramore show had a sign that said "My first concert is Paramore," she and her mom were decked out with shirts and it was adorable (and they were really good with not holding the sign up the entire time; I guess the mom figured Hayley wouldn't see it because we were so far back).

heymattrick likes this.
  16. SPine

Trusted

The crowd last night was so incredibly respectful when Hayley would talk in between songs. The entire theater went silent. It was so cool to watch.

bachna84 likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly Scoobys was a set highlight for me haha that was so much fun. Definitely would have swapped the Fleetwood cover and I Caught Myself out for something else though

Show was really fun though glad I went! I like how much Hayley talked in between the songs, made it feel really personal and not like a stage routine every night

bachna84 and Mister Lyrical like this.