Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore to Register Voters at US Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Paramore have teamed up with HeadCount to register people to vote at their tour dates this summer. Hayley confirmed the news:

We’re partnering with HeadCount to give people a chance to register to vote before midterm elections. They’ll be at the shows all summer and we’d like to encourage young people coming out to take this chance to make their presence known and their convictions noted.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's pretty cool to see a band of their stature actually getting out and doing something instead of just tweeting about it.

jco3 and JM95 like this.
  3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

this is the best band in the world!!!

"but you can't just stay down on your knees, the revolution is outside. you wanna make a difference? get out and go begin it."

Mary V, RileyWitiw, K0ta and 2 others like this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i am so damn excited to see them at red rocks!!!! literally the only thing i'm excited for this summer

Kingjohn_654 and kaylasananjou like this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Good for them but I wonder how many of those people will actually go out and vote... Yes there's a huge movement of all these soon to be and newly aged of age voters screaming how they can't wait to get out and do something about the hot topic of the day, but this just reminds me of the election in 2008/2012 when all the popular young people in the media did the same thing but then never did themselves.

6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

It'll still be a fraction, but the constant reminder to get people to vote and making it as easy as possible to register is only a positive.

rxbandit89, jco3, Brent and 3 others like this.
  7. jco3

Regular

This is really dope. More bands with the means should do this.

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Not a band but Mike Birbiglia did this at the show I went to, not sure if he did it on the whole tour or not but I was really thankful for it because I had needed to buy stamps to re-register from my change of address which is a pain haha, and having that there was so unbelievably convenient

jco3 likes this.