Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore to Debut New Single Tomorrow • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Albums out May 12th! So soon!

heymattrick, Awksome, ramres and 2 others like this.
  2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

No IM in the business of misery ... this 80s come back is killing me. Besides that ... it's actually a fun song ! Just a bit sad I let my parents throw out their old clothes now...

3. bodkins

Trusted

Damn this is so good. Always been a fair-weather fan of theirs, but this is a Paramore I can get behind.

ramres likes this.
  4. bodkins

Trusted

This made me laugh harder than a simple like would suggest.

5. kait_whiteside

Love this band's progression. Also can't wait to hear this in the context of the full album. Welcome back, Paramore!

ramres and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I like it more than I initially liked "Now". The progression feels right. It's great to have Paramore back in my life!

7. JM95

Trusted

*Sighs*

Why?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Not what I was expecting but I really like it. This record should be a banger.

Awksome, ramres and Turkeylegz like this.
  9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Quite the shift....I remember loving the first album and not hanging on with the shifts they made...I'll have to hear more...

10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I....don't hate it....?

11. Yeah, I'm pretty anti- the 80's throwbacks as well, but when the songs are good, the songs are good.

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  12. Right. I love "Now" now, (tehe), but I really disliked it at first and didn't "get" it until I'd spent some time with the album as a whole.

Anyone who isn't liking this song immediately can probably hold out faith that Paramore are strong enough songwriters and album crafters that the song will make more sense in context. No way we're getting a dozen copycats of this one song and this one style.

Lucas27, Awksome, Turkeylegz and 2 others like this.
  13. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]
    That has to be the most eerie coincidence ever.

14. thecobrakais

Regular

RIP paramore. :concerned: i just can't get behind this. self titled was enough of a departure for me and i really enjoyed that album. i don't even think it's the style i don't like, i just think the song sucks.

15. JM95

Trusted

"RIP Paramore" is really silly. Especially given first releases from albums are very rarely even close to being the best song on the record.

I am concerned about the album but more so by the video than the actual song (neither of which I'm into by the way).

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Song and video are great. I like it way more than Now.

ramres, Turkeylegz and Chase Tremaine like this.
  17. thecobrakais

Regular

it's not silly. it's just my knee-jerk reaction. i'm worried that the whole album is going to be filled with this style. and that's fine, but i just won't be listening to it.

18. thecobrakais

Regular

to each his own. i just don't feel any passion behind this new song/direction. I felt with Now, hayley poured her soul out at the end. this could literally be anyone doing this new song. there's no paramore stank on it.

19. ale_av

love it :heart: makes me smile so hard

Awksome and ramres like this.
  20. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

I know bands change and evolve over time, but i cant help but feel like artists like paramore and fall out boy have changed from being rock bands to pop bands just cuz its is the most profitable genre right now.

thecobrakais likes this.
  21. Patrick Stump and Hayley Williams are too good of vocalists to be simply rock artists. That would be stifling. "Pop music" is the perfect setting for them to do what they do best, while pop also functions as a stylistic catch-all, where any given song can lean towards rock or contain rock elements without forcing the artist to make rock music and only rock music.

22. thecobrakais

Regular

this is honestly probably the most bland hayley has ever sounded. that argument seems invalid.

23. bodkins

Trusted

This sounds like a band embracing writing the songs they want to write rather than catering to what they're "supposed" to sound like. Maybe they've always done that, this song just gives me that vibe.

24. Turkeylegz

Trusted

It's pretty sickening how many times I've listened to this already. It's just so good.

I get why fans of the first three albums might not like this (and I am usually the first to complain about a shift to a poppier sound) but this just suits her voice and attitude so well. Also, the aesthetic is awesome!

25. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

[​IMG] Here's the tracklisting for those who are curious:

TRACK LISTING

1. Hard Times

2. Rose-Colored Boy

3. Told You So

4. Forgiveness

5. Fake Happy

6. 26

7. Pool

8. Grudges

9. Caught In The Middle

10. Idle Worship

11. No Friend

12. Tell Me How

Dirty Sanchez, Awksome and ramres like this.