Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - This Is Why (February 10, 2023) Album • Page 53

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Meghin

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Supporter

In all fairness, there's definitely a difference in hamming it up on socials, and being really excited about something that you just have to scream about it. Like what @Anna Acosta said earlier, "I'd have reacted the same way half a decade ago (something something i'm old now etc)." I feel that in my ancient 31yo bones

2. I am ancient in a room of 23 year olds, I am "the youth" in a room of 50 year olds. How I feel about it depends on how my various ailments, aches and pains feel that day. :crylaugh:

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Young people should be cringe and everyone else too life is short, but seriously none of us would have been normal if at 20 we could interact with our faves

RJ Knorr, Bane and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  4. Absolutely. That was the decade where I regularly claimed I was going to pass away because a fave so much as released a song.

5. The only weird thing to me with those types of videos is imagining the person in an otherwise silent room flipping tf out at the lens on their phone, just bouncing that energy off an inanimate object, talking out loud to no one lol. At no point in my life can I imagine that being my reaction to Paramore tweeting my name. But yeah it’s just how the kids operate these days, I don’t get it but I’m also not a kid in 2022. More power to them

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Are we thinking this was gwizzle or will it be something else?

Brent likes this.
  7. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Phantoms and morgantayler like this.
  8. ran into that clip while scrolling earlier and I thought the song was out already and now I'm kinda bummed lol

9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Going to try not listen to any more released songs. I don’t want to wear them out before February, like im already doing with this is why, lol.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Whenever I click on TikTok links it asks me to sign in. I even have an account. But I always just close it and tell TikTok to go fuck itself.

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If you’re sharing from the app
    you need to copy link
    copy to browser
    then copy that link to post on this site

12. Greg

Oh I am sure there is a way around it. But I don’t care haha but thank you!

13. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Top song of the year!

0f99f261-e.png

14. I didn't listen to any single song more than about 30 times all year, that 141 IS BLOWING MY MIND!

That's incredible.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It was also my top song, but I only had 80 plays

16. My top song only had 19 plays, that's crazy

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My most listened to song was like, 7-8 times haha

BigMouth likes this.
  18. Greg

Mine was like 43 I think

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Apparently I've scrobbled "This Is Why" 17 times, plus the video (it's still faaaar from above 100, that's impressive! ;D), and my most streamed tune according to Spotify was a Mansions song "Dig Up The Dead", that I do love, but the algorithm keeps feeding it more and more to me (63 times hahh). It's tiring how it's never any other of their songs, though I like some of them more (even from this very same album).

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

My top was like 140 something. I can't even imagine my top song being in the teens or single digits lol

21. In my defense, so far this year I’ve listened to:

1034 different artists
    2290 different albums
    15385 different tracks

so I don’t come back to things that much on the single level, it’s almost all album listening for me, and the main albums I get in a groove on seem to get 20-35 spins a year spending on length

22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I can't really say how many albums I've listened to, my last fm shows 6542, but it's also based upon any album I've touched this year even if it was partial. Though I also listen to full albums most of the time. 3047 artists however, which is pretty wild now looking at it! A lot of them will be what I've only checked out like one or two songs per artist I'm sure, but still, wild

23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I saw someone on Twitter who had listened to This Is Why over 1,000 times. I respect the dedication.

Phantoms likes this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

There's no way it's even enjoyable at that point

25. They just really want to give the band the $2 or whatever from that many streams haha

mescalineeyes and Bartek T. like this.