Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Announce Parahoy Cruise Lineup • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I also didn't include Mija in my post, I guess ;D and I don't know what's Judah & The Lion, too, but just coming with some idea on how the live shows of all of the rest look like, I think you'd be satisfied with enough variety, without having things that don't fit at all.

2. Liz

Ew, David

I saw Judah and the Lion open for twenty one pilots this year and I did not like them at all. But that's not an indication of how any of the other bands will be of course. I'm really excited for Now Now and I've been hearing really good things about Local Natives live show. I just had my heart set on Pvris and that's why I'm disappointed; its my own fault haha

Bartek T. likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I have never heard mewithoutYou described as 'indie rock with some electro/synth-pop elements thrown in'...

4. Liz

Ew, David

"some" was the key word there. Not interested in getting into a genre war though, I don't really care how these bands would be classified by the vast majority, they still all sound similar to me.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

But they don't even have a keyboard and I can't recall anything resembling electro/synth pop from them.

I know genres are subjective and agree it's pointless getting into a 'war' but they're practically the only band I listen to that is completely different from most other bands. I can understand if they're not for you or if you're fed up with them being on this boat trip because that's up to you and your tastes, but I think it's a stretch saying there's some electro/synth pop contained within their sound.

Anyway, I don't mean to complain - I remember reading that you've not really listened to them and if you don't like them then that's ok. I'd love to see them on a boat though - they're one of my favourite bands and one of my favourite live performances.

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

What a respectful call hehe ;D btw. to me mewithoutYou is actually one of the bands that could sound like three different bands totally different than one another - just by choosing different setlists ;d I myself have been to 3 of their shows, and they all felt really different : )

awakeohsleeper likes this.