Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore Announce Parahoy Cruise Lineup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Damn, awesome for NN.

ramres and trevorshmevor like this.
  3. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

That lineup is solid

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it's a cool lineup, but i genuinely wonder to what degree these bands appeal to the level of Paramore fan that would throw money at this.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  5. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Judah & The Lion are just so SO shitty.

Liz and Bass0820 like this.
  6. Liz

Ew, David

With the exception of Now Now (and of course Paramore), I am not thrilled with this lineup; I feel like all of these bands sound too similar. I guess I was hoping for more diversity in sound like the previous cruises (and I was highkey hoping for Pvris)

7. MwY, Local Natives, and Mija are all very different imo

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

what the heck? that's at least 3 very great bands. very different than what I remember reading for previous years.

9. Liz

Ew, David

Yeah I wasn't counting Mija in that since she's a dj. All the rest of them just have a similar vibe to me but their live shows could all be really different. I'm just tired of mwY being on this cruise lol

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

aw no nfg?

11. In the event you're not joking, Haley and Chad have split up and from the sounds of their respective releases this year it doesn't sound like they really enjoy being around each other anymore. I wouldn't expect many future tours together

CMilliken, Dirty Sanchez and ianzandi like this.
  12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe it's been been beaten to death but I'll always be skeptical as hell of NFG that they could have someone like Steve in their band for 16 years. *Shudders

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

I don't think they knew about how trash he was until more recent.

14. Used to kick it with Amber a bunch back in high school, not a fan of her music at all but it's really crazy to see how far she's come, especially considering she didn't even really touch music back then. Seeing her name on this is wild

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I know the story I'm just skeptical is all. That stuff just shakes me to my core.

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. ramres

Next Show: Arlo Parks --4/2

The general vibe I'm getting is overall disappointment, but the cruise has been sold out for months.

electro haikus likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This seems right on par with the type of bands they've previously had. My dream was Bleachers but I knew that probably wasn't going to happen. Local Natives is a fun enough band and this will be a good excuse to finally dig in to Now, Now.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  18. CSWAPPO

Regular

hmmm....That's a weird lineup?....Don't get me wrong, It's a bitchin line up!! but still kind of odd?

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Now, Now and Mewithoutyou are great choices

coleslawed likes this.
  20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Very, very excited for Now, Now and mewithoutYou. Getting to see 3 of my favorite bands on a boat is definitely good enough for me. I figured as soon as NN was active again they'd be asked to play, and unfortunately knew that also meant there was no way Pvris would be playing, haha. But tbh NN is wayyyy better live than Pvris, so I'm okay with it.

Also can't wait for the nap I'll be able to take during each stand up set.

coleslawed, ramres and jorbjorb like this.
  21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I hope this cruise sells some people on how great Local Natives is

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

local natives is an incredible live band

23. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Do people here really not like Local Natives?

They're one of my favorite bands making music and are absolutely incredible live.

Bartek T. and CMilliken like this.
  24. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I can't understand how people see that line-up as too similar, @Liz did you really check all of these out hehe? ;d I mean, to me they're nearly all totally different! With some resemblance at points, sure, but you still have at least 3 different musical waves here. And subjectively - I'd be pumped to see Now, Now, mwY, and also Local Natives, which is a perfect band for such a breezy occasion I guess, and an amazing live act!

25. Liz

Ew, David

I had heard music from all of them at some point before except Mija (but like I said, I wasn't including her though in my original post since she's a dj; not that I don't think djs are legitimate musical acts). All indie rock with some electro/synth-pop elements thrown in. Or at least that's how I would classify them based on the very limited amount of music I've heard from all of them, but I could be wrong.