Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore and Zac Farro, Just Eating Dinner • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. I've always liked Zac's drumming style so if he rejoined that'd be superb

2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Isn't Ilan out touring with NIN and too busy for them?

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. shea

RIP Supporter

Likely an unpopular opinion, but I've never cared for Aaron in Paramore. Would be pretty happy with Zac being back or Ilan playing on the record again. Mostly just want to hear new music from these guys!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Not sure what he's up to but it definitely seems like he's never not busy haha

5. Schooner

Trusted

I'd be more stoked for Josh.
    I really couldn't get into the songwriting or guitar in self titled without him

johnthegawd likes this.
  6. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

If he does rejoin the band that would be quite a contrast to the 2010 comments he made about the band being a manufactured product of a major label, and that Hayley's parents and manager controlled every move of the band and threatened to kick him and his brother out several times.

It does say in this January 2016 article that he had reconciled with Hayley and they were on speaking terms, but he also says he couldn't ever imagine playing in the band again.

Ex-Paramore member Josh Farro says he has patched up relationship with Hayley Williams | NME.COM

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Isn't that a different guy?

8. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Ilan's been mostly focusing on The New Regime these past couple of years, in between the rare recording stint with AVA. NIN has been on break since 2014, but I'm sure when that machine gets rolling again he'll be onboard.

That article is actually about Josh, former guitarist. Zac kept mostly quiet during those crazy times, so it's great to see them together again, regardless of what it's for.

9. ianzandi

Regular

Wrong brother, but still, 6 years is a pretty long time. 2016 is a crazy year for music. Anything can happen.

10. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Thanks for the info! I dont follow the band close enough to know the difference lol. I still really like them though and hope their next album sounds like Riot and Brand New Eyes, really love those two.

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I loved Riot back in the day annd I still enjoy it, but I'd be disappointed to hear most of those songs as newly written now in their career.

maddiekayray and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

After how big the Self-Titled was, I highly doubt it. I actually really enjoyed their S/T record so I'm ok with this.

13. Liz

Ew, David

I've never liked Aaron either. I'm so excited for the possibility of Zac playing drums with them again just as long as Josh stays far away ha

Dirty Sanchez and AelNire like this.
  14. maddiekayray

Who's scruffy-lookin'?

God, there are ONLY good things that can happen if Zac rejoins. His own developed style is leagues beyond what anyone else could conceivably bring to the table in terms of new and different.

I have never seen that NME article before, which is wild since I'm basically a walking Google Alert for anything Paramore. It's interesting that Josh basically states he might rejoin if they ask, but he knows they won't ask.

Aj LaGambina and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

haha sounds like one of those 'shreds' videos on youtube