Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter - Tour 5 Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 8, 2018.

1. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

So stoked for the Chicago show on Monday. I am on such a FTP kick lately and that Paramore setlist is near-perfect.

Arry likes this.
  2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Does anyone know what set times have looked like? Music is starting at 6:30 and while I wanna see Jay Som I’m not a huge foster the people fan and it’s kind of super hot for an outdoor / unshaded venue.

3. heymattrick

The standard has been 7pm for the first band, 7:55-8:45 for Foster the People, and 9:15 on for Paramore.

Saw Jay Som in Chicago and honestly was one of the worst opening bands I’ve seen. Not a lick of stage presence, the songs all blended together, and none of the songs seemed spectacular to me. Just sharing my opinion. Wish I would have seen Soccer Mommy since the other show I’m going to at the end of the tour is also Jay Som. It was their first night of tour so I bet they worked out some of the kinks, but it would take a lot for it to really turnaround.

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I would have payed significantly more money for Jay Som instead of FTP at my date.

Arry likes this.
  5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Good info to know. I’m gonna gun for arriving like ten minutes before paramore since I’ve seen foster the people a bunch and really don’t care for rhei music. Decided to splurge and get a pit ticket and I’m really excited since I haven’t seen them since the metric / hellogoodbye tour

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

She played in addition to FTP.

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I recommend everyone to listen to and watch Jay Som.

mattfreaksmeout and Arry like this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I thought Jay Som sounded great at the Chicago show. You could tell they were having a great time and I thought they were playing off each other well.

10. Kristen

Regular

The show in Houston last night was amazing! Paramore is probably the best I've ever seen them.

I did think it was a little odd that FTP didn't play pumped up kicks

noles05 likes this.
  11. noles05

Defeated but not yet broken...

I've been a casual fan since the Riot album. This was my first time seeing them. At the pavilion of all places. I was blown away. I won't miss them next time.

I don't think they will play it ever again.

12. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

They've been playing Pumped Up Kicks all tour. They probably thought it was too soon to play it in Houston considering the Santa Fe shooting. I know it's not the same city, but relatively close enough.

13. Kristen

Regular

You know what, that's a very good point. That could be why. It's not far from us at all

14. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea they definitely played it in NOLA the night before, good to see them being aware of stuff like that...

15. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Next Saturday, MountainView. I am so excited. I haven't looked at the setlist- but I am not expecting many surprises. Still going to be a great show.

16. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea they haven’t changed up the setlist at all really, bummer if you wanted to see them at numerous dates...

17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

IM SO HYPED FOR NEXT TUESDAY

manoverboard365 and St. Nate like this.
  18. a lack of color

Regular

They almost never make changes to their setlist except to cut songs. Honda Civic Tour 2014 was the only time they've done it.

19. First time I went to this venue I was late and completely missed the first opener. Jaden Smith was opening for FOB, so I didn't care. This time, I arrived an hour before doors opened just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    Jay Som was so good. Melina's voice is somehow even better live. And that lead guitarist really shredded on those solos, hot dang. I wish they'd used the screens, I was seated so far away. They played The Bus Song! I mean, of course they would. But still! I really hope they headline an LA show soon, five songs is just not enough.
    Foster the People was okay. Not really my thing.
    I'd just seen Paramore last year, so I probably wouldn't have gone if it weren't for Jay Som opening, especially since this venue is so far compared to most shows I see in the Hollywood or downtown areas, but man, seeing Pool live, that alone made it worth it. They didn't play a single song from All We Know is Falling, though, and I seem to have missed the days when they'd play Let the Flames Begin straight into Part II. And yet I wasn't disappointed by this setlist at all--After Laughter is just that good, especially live. Definitely worth the subway/bus commute.
    But damn that commute really was super shitty.

20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

First time seeing Paramore. So happy they played nearly all of AL. Absolutely incredible show.

MegT585 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  21. Rosie Moraine

Had a hard time getting into the venue last night, but it was definitely worth it to finally see paramore, they put on such a good show.

Arry likes this.
  22. heymattrick

Red Rocks show last night was amazing. The very unexpected rain that turned into a torrential downpour pushed back doors over an hour, so the show started late. We missed Jay Som entirely while waiting to get let in, and just barely got to our seats as FTP was starting. No sets were cut short though and we had the best time.

Arry likes this.
  23. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Goddddd red rocks show was so fantastic. Paramore lookin out for the 25+ club with the lil intermissions. My legs were dying but i couldn’t stop dancing.