Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter - Tour 5 Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 8, 2018.

1. J12 Jun 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2018)
    J12

Trusted Supporter

So, the Bangor show was a ton of fun. Paramore was incredible - easily the best I've ever heard them sound. As I mentioned previously, ticket sales were definitely weak, and it showed. The venue was very sparse throughout Soccer Mommy and Foster the People. Before Paramore, I could see security in the reflection of Paramore's stage mirrors rounding people up and moving them into seats and the pit.

By the time Paramore hit the stage, it was a very respectable, filled in crowd, albeit only taking up a small portion of the venue. It didn't seem to bother the band in the slightest. In fact, Hayley seemed over the moon with the response the songs were getting and was profusely apologetic about it taking so long for them to play in Maine. When she asked how many were at their first Paramore show, almost the entire crowd raised their hands and she seemed really moved by it.

Security confiscated everyone's signs at the gate, which left Hayley unable to find her pick for Misery Business (someone had tweeted her with the sign earlier.) A couple of kids hid signs somewhere on their person, though, and pulled them out, so she invited both of them up before the start of the song instead of at the bridge. Then, when the bridge hit, the band went into the extended break rather than finishing the song. They all had a good laugh like, "what do we do?" So, Hayley brought more people up. It was really cool.

I managed to get barricade thanks to venue early entry, and I was right in front of Taylor. It was a great spot, the crowd was excellent and I got plenty of Hayley interaction, which was super cool.

Soccer Mommy sounded good, but they were a little plodding for an opener. You could tell people were getting restless. I'm not a fan of Foster the People, but they are a REALLY good live band. I was definitely impressed.

Most noteworthy moment of the night actually came after the show. I was on the highway about 2 miles from my exit to home when I (along with many other drivers) came across an 18-wheeler in flames in the right lane. We all parted ways to make way for emergency vehicles, and, what do you know, two large tour buses wind up parked directly across from me. I'm standing outside my car, just watching the chaos, I look over, and the singer of Foster the People is standing beside me. He asked me if he'd seen me in the front row at the show, complimented my car, and asked if I'd ever seen anything like this before. We chatted for a few minutes. Really cool dude. He met a couple of other people who happened to be at the show, then went back on the bus after a bit. I felt like I was in some alternative universe or something.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if I can manage to make barricade or close to it for Chicago. I have the skip the line pass and I'm off work that day. I've never really been close for a Paramore show.

3. musicfan10

Trusted

So if weak sales they move ppl up to put?

4. J12

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure if that's a common practice elsewhere, but they do it at this venue regularly. This show was set up for 5 separate levels of seating (GA Pit --> Seated 1-4 --> Seated 5-8 --> Seated 9-12 --> GA Lawn), but the wound up removing 9-12 entirely. Anyone who bought tickets in those sections were moved up into the pit (or seats if they wanted them.) Anyone who bought tickets on the lawn were then moved into any remaining seats in the pit, 1-4, and 5-8. The lawn was empty.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea generally any show that doesn't sell a ton they will try to consolidate people towards the front. It's awkward for fans and bands alike if there are just gaps everywhere.

6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

How do I know if a venue has early entry tickets? Was that an option when you bought tickets? I'm seriously stressed about this because I am planning on getting in line at like 11am or so so I can get barricade. I haven't been barricade for a Paramore show in years so I am long overdue.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Mine is through livenation/the venue. It's called fast pass. I'd just type in "paramore fast pass [your city]" and see if it pops up. If yours isn't through livenation or ticketmaster, then i have no idea where else they have them.

K0ta likes this.
  8. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Just a heads up, when I went in St. Augustine there was a good 60-70 people there by 11. I got there at 6 AM and I was 11th in line.

K0ta likes this.
  9. chelsealouanne

Regular

That's shocking to me! Maybe because it was the first tour5 show? I'd say it varies. Although, some girl lined up THE DAY BEFORE AT NOON to make sure she was front row at my show. Just so unnecessary.

I got to my venue at 11:30am (was later than expected due to bus delay), and I was about 15th in line. But, then people kept letting their friends in front. I did end up still making barricade, though! (Thankfully).

10. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I think it's just a FL thing in general where people get in line really early. The shows I've been to in NC, GA, and AL have all been pretty chill when it comes to lines in comparison.

11. K0ta

Wow! I honestly want to get there before 11 but I don't want to drag my friend there that early.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Tonight was my third time seeing them and they've just gotten better every single time. Hayley is such an incredible frontwoman and the band sounded great

This show also finally convinced me that AL is their best album after like a year of being in denial

13. dotKev

@dotkevin

Seeing them tonight in PHI. Can't wait! AL has been my jam since it came out.

14. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Any idea on set times tonight??

15. dotKev

@dotkevin

Philly show under weather delay.....

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

pumped for tonight!

Damn I just started listening to Soccer Mommy and I'm liking what I hear. I hope I can make it to the venue in time.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My show doors are at 5:30 on Thursday. Any idea of set times if anyone else had the same door time?

18. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'm assuming tonight is: Soccer Mommy 7 FTP 7:55 Paramore 9:15 or something along those lines.

19. dotKev

@dotkevin

Just wanted to say that this was one of the best shows I've ever been to. Paramore killed it live.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

The show last night was really fun. It was my first time seeing Paramore, and was surprised at how well they were able to control an arena crowd. Everyone was singing every word to every song. My only criticism would be that the acoustic set in the middle really dragged on. The songs sounded great, but the time lost during the set up for it and Hayley's longgggg talks before each of the songs really killed the momentum.

Brooklyn is a bitch for me to travel to so I ended up leaving before the encore started. Foster the People sounded great too. Missed Soccer Mommy.

dotKev likes this.
  21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yep, the acoustic set was great but the setup and teardown took SO long.

dotKev likes this.
  22. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Still on a concert high from last night. Paramore just has a way of making any room feel intimate. I was in a 20K person arena last night and there were times where it literally felt like a club show, and forgot that it wasn't until I looked behind me and realized how huge the room was.

Unsure if anyone else was in the pit, but wow, was that fun. Probably the roughest Paramore crowd (even though that's not saying much) I've ever been in. Did not expect the crowd to get so active in the front considering their last few tours have had dead crowds and their music has moved more pop, but I had a great time and loved how much fun it was to be in an active Paramore crowd for once.

Foster the People were fun. Wasn't familiar with anything from them but the two big songs, but their music was definitely different from what I expected it would be given the two songs I knew.

Also set times were
    SM: 7
    Foster: 7:50
    Paramore: 9:10

JaytotheGee likes this.
  23. dorfmac

Trusted

her show, she can talk as long as she wants, but i felt the same way

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I had fun tonight! Soccer Mommy was good, Foster the People was fine (don't like their new record at all but hearing the stuff from Torches was great), and Paramore was great as always. Lawn wasn't terrible, though being with friends definitely helped.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  25. K0ta

From the show in Brooklyn on Tuesday. I'll really never get over this band. Every time I see them it's therapy.

I also loved the intimate moments where Hayley just talked to us. I love the openness. More of that please!!

And I continued my tradition of crying at every Paramore concert I attend.

Arry likes this.