Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter - Tour 5 Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 8, 2018.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really don't think they intended to sell the dates out on this tour. They're just trying to maximize the people they bring in, even if there are empty seats. I highly doubt they expected to sell out a 15,000 person amphitheater.

It's weird to me (and I don't mean this on any one person here or anything, just in general) how people perceive ticket sales. Like sell out a 5,000 person per venue tour and it's a huge success! Sell 8,000 out of 10,000 tickets per venue on a tour and people think it's a flop, but you still brought in more people than you otherwise would've. Perception is key.

2. J12

Trusted Supporter

Oh, for sure, I don't think they expected to sell this date out. We had Blink-182 two years ago (with ADTR and ATL) and they almost sold out. Same goes for Fall Out Boy the year prior. If neither of them were going to, I certainly wouldn't expect Paramore to do it. And, realistically, the Waterfront venue can be configured for a smaller layout - they do it quite frequently. It was strange to me from the get go that they set this up as a full-house. Having gone to Paramore shows at Meadowbrook in New Hampshire before, they can usually fill up 80-85% of that 8,000+ seat venue. That's usually the only Northeast date, though. This time, they've got that venue, plus Bangor configured for a full house.

It's a very large, space, though, and I just haven't seen a show up here have this kind of availability in a really, really long time.

I haven't done any research at all on the remainder of the tour, or if this is one of the larger spaces they're playing or anything. It doesn't help that this area is dominated by country and radio rock. Imagine Dragons just sold the place out with extra seats added this past weekend. Paramore just doesn't jive with the trends up here.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that all makes sense, I really wasn't just aiming that at you specifically, I even had a friend who was saying the Chicago show hadn't sold well when really if you look at it it's probably 80% sold and will likely be mostly full by the show. It's just interesting to me overall A) how bands book tours like this and B) how people perceive them.

4. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Hey, you going to the Bangor date as well? I think I am I’ve been just waiting on work schedule to see if I could go. I get out at 7 so I’m hoping I’ll still make it before Paramore. I’ve never actually “gone” to a waterfront concert as in payed for it (as in gone down by the train tracks lol)

5. musicfan10

Trusted

How much money does the band get from each ticket sold?

6. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

They're not a local band playing a dive bar. They get a flat guarantee.

7. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They've stopped playing "Brick By Boring Brick"

9. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Me too!

11. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Not sure! I know the only meet and greets so far have been done with the local radio station, like this one, so check with them.

12. musicfan10

Trusted

So even if it doesn’t sell well they get a ton of money?

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they generally have an idea of how well it will sell beforehand, that's in the negotiations

14. J12

Trusted Supporter

Yep, I'll be there! The show starts at 6:30 so you should be good providing you don't work too far away. The Waterfront is alright. I don't like to sound ungrateful because it's really cool that Maine has such a large venue to accommodate bigger acts, it's just not as smoothly run as some of the more established venues out there (and I, like many others, have some issues with the guy who runs it.) They really do their best to provide solid sight lines, but the natural slope of the land isn't very helpful. If you can, try to pick up a pit ticket or something in Sections 2-3 and your view will be just fine.

15. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Sweet! Yeah, I work in Old Town and I’ll be working until 7, just gonna change clothes and then head out after that. Really only going for Paramore. Yeah that’s what I’ve heard from people that have been to shows there before. Do you have any suggestions or tips for parking? Anytime that I’ve walked to the shows, I’ve always parked in that parking garage downtown and walked down the road by seadog. I know there are a lot of paid parking but don’t know the best place. It’s crazy how much it’s changed in the last few years for who they get for artists/bands especially in Maine, and that’s why I’ve been hesitant about buying tickets to show for who puts them on. It’s a shame when he’s the one running it.

16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

this would be so funny and so wild.

ALT/MSC/FAN, Arry and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i'd lose my shit if that happened.

this tweet video still kills me, my fav worlds colliding

SeeTheLights likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

I get your logic, but I'm also assuming that the bigger the venue, the bigger the cost to rent it for the night. So maybe only selling 75% of the seats of a bigger venue effects their takeaway at the end of the day? I honestly don't know I have no experience with booking lol

Also I missed all the talk about venue sizes, but what is really surprising to me is that they are struggling to fill their NYC show next week. Just 3 years ago they played Madison Square Garden and they practically sold it out. AND this time around they have a much bigger supporting act.

19. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

For some reason, the instant you take an event out of Manhattan, ticket sales dwindle. I have a number of theories but mainly that Manhattan is just all-around easy to get to for pretty much every borough/suburban area in the tri-state. The moment you to move it Brooklyn/LI or Jersey or Queens there's a portion of the population that says "eh, that's a pain in the ass to get to."

On another note, Foster The People announced a number of tiny shows that they're playing on a first-come first-serve basis with the NYC-area one being at Elsewhere in Brooklyn.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

You're right. Honestly a big reason I'm still on the fence for this show is that I don't want to travel all the way to Brooklyn haha. If the show was at MSG, that's only a 30 minute subway ride for me. But Barclays is like over an hour. After a long day of work, the thought of navigating out of a crowd to take an hour train at midnight sounds awful. Guess I'm getting too old for this.

21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Ha, well there you have it. I live under half hour from MSG and under 20 min from Barclays so they're both super easy for me. The Prudential Center on the other hand...

22. JohnR831

Regular

Great show in Syracuse last night. The last time I saw them was...11 years ago I think, in Utica.

23. musicfan10

Trusted

How is foster the people live? I love sit next to me

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

One of my favorite live bands. They’re much better than on record

musicfan10 likes this.
  25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

They were solid at Mo Pop last year. I'm not huge on their new stuff, but everything off Torches was a BLAST to see live.