Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

You can't tell me that's what they did either. Based on the hits (and in particular, the biggest hit of the last album) this does not sound like an unnatural progression or evolution whatsoever. They were already testing these waters out years ago, this single is just them continuing their exploration of that sound.

I don't disagree about an 80s throwback sound being fashionable right now, but that doesn't mean that this sounds like The 1975 still, which was my point.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The intro to Ain't It Fun was totally Cruel Summer

3. tumbleweedterror Apr 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2017)
    tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

This single is incredible and I'm so excited for a new album cycle; I would die for Paramore if they asked me to.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not into this. The self titled did a great job of incorporating new sounds and poppier songwriting while holding onto a personality that felt unique to the band. There's nothing unique in this song. I'm not accusing them of "trend hopping" or anything, I just don't like it.

earthlight likes this.
  5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

What if you had to die in order for this record to be released?

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

What?

7. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Oh for sure. The world needs as much Paramore music as possible.

8. bodkins

Trusted

Shit. Paramore needs to get you a hoodie or something, that's loyalty.

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I thank you for your sacrifice.

10. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Tweets from Hayley telegraphing this new direction:

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Hayley and me can finally start that cult

12. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Hell yeah those are influences i can get behind.

beachdude42, teebs41 and Aregala like this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

As a casual Paramore fan the past 10 years, I'm really loving this. Ready to finally dive deeper into their older stuff.

Also, every album should come out three weeks after it's announced.

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

That Talking Heads tweet makes sense, I can hear them allll over this track. Pretty cool song

Aregala likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

So it isn't... the only exception?

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay so I'm listening to self titled and my taste has really grown into this Record.. like wow what an album first time I'm listening to this in a really long time and I'm loving it. Can't wait for this record

17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yeah I definitely need to run through their discography soon. I don't think I've ever heard all of their first album.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This song is great, but I wish her vocals were a little bit lower in the mix to blend on a bit more. But this should be a riot live

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it may 12 yet? :tear:

20. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I wasn't implying that the band wasn't capable of any good basslines as they are all incredibly talented musicians. It was more of an ass-kissing towards JMJ. I totally get where you're coming from with this though.

beachdude42, Aregala and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Oh, I was being kinda passive aggressive about this post :down:, not yours!! My bad for not quoting.

22. If there's a song on here that sounds like Seven Wonders by Fleetwood Mac then 100% count me in

Song is growing on me

St. Nate and amorningofsleep like this.
  23. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Popping in for the first time in a long time to say I love the single, I can't wait for the album. Nearly every song on S/T sounded different, I'm assuming we're in for a similar variance with this album. I'm just happy to have my favorite band back in the world of the living.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love the end of future so cool, just comes out of nowhere and is so heavy and love the lead guitar lines

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaron Gillespie must have loved playing that part live haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.