Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

This sounds like Talking Heads + Tango in the Night era Fleetwood Mac + CHVRCHES in the bridge + Daft Punk in the ending + the natural evolution of Paramore from the s/t

2. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Never been one to be patient lol I can't help myself

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I've been feeling 26 since last October. Doesn't feel great. A good song named "26" may help with that.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

So, I thought the self-titled album was a tad overlong, despite being generally insanely catchy pop-rock and an overall enjoyable experience. I can't say I'm surprised they're moving in a more heavily pop-oriented direction, although I am a bit disappointed. Not that the song is bad, it's not, it just isn't what I was hoping for. Especially with Zac rejoining the band. Still, I like the song and am excited to hear the rest of the album in less than a month, which is awesome.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Thought the same thing! Especially with the bright neon visuals, definitely the same vibes

6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Single is fairly goofy but I think that's the point. I really didn't mind it given Paramore's direction for years now, there's been nothing punk about them for almost a decade now.

Awksome likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Brand new eyes was such a great alt rock record that was only two albums ago could have gone either way. I like their poppy sound but I bet there are some rock songs on here

8. i think a lot of the bands going for the 80s sounds lately are going more for the John Hughes/Madonna kinda sounding stuff, but Paramore (and The 1975) are going more for the weirder 80s bands styles. at least based on this single.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Not the popular opinion around here, but I wish The 1975 stuck with that tyle for their entire album. And if Paramore's whole album is in this vibe, I'm here for it

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I hope this album is very diverse like their last was. I like this song but if the whole album sounded like this is be disappointed.

RobbieBerns and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  11. New song is great - can't wait for this!

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

extremely generic hook that sounds like every other mainstream band going for the 80s sound in the past couple years. rest is decent

Petit nain des Îles and FTank like this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Not a fan of this really at all.

earthlight likes this.
  14. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This is a cool song. I love that the album is only a couple weeks away.

15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Song is decent, i'm not that into it personally though. Wouldn't really listen again. Interested to see how the album is, though.

16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It's becoming pretty clear they aren't going back to the Brand New Eyes type vibe any time soon, probably ever.

Awksome likes this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Agree with this also. Decent is how I feel about it.

18. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Wasn't a fan on the first listen, but digging it now. We are PARAMOOORE!

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I keep wondering how, if at all, The Hard Times will run a "story" with this..

20. CheapPop

Regular

Perfect birthday gift. This song is awesome. Stoked for the album.

21. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is the first Paramore song I've ever (knowingly) listened to in full (other than their "My Hero" cover) and I dig it. The delivery of the "rock bottom" line is very B-52's.

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I have a feeling that 26 will probably make me cry.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm turning 26 tomorrow.

25. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm not super into that track

The self titled was my favorite paramore record