Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 170

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Very sneaky, Hayley. This is probably my most anticipated thing of 2020 atm

Mary V and Omni like this.
  2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I still don’t like this album so I’m patiently waiting for new stuff...her or them.

3. Omni

Regular

Same. I'm really curious about what this is gonna sound like. There are so many different styles I could see her going with.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Idk why I do this to myself but I’m watching Parahoy night one and now I just miss them so much

Dan O'Neill and coleslawed like this.
  5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This album is 3 today

K0ta, Mary V, ChaseTx and 1 other person like this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's not yet left my rotation. By far my favourite album by them.

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

That means it’s been over half a decade since I’ve heard new Paramore I liked lol

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Same

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

That album is so great! I still go back to it regularly.

contra11mundum likes this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Their best album

11. This album and the subsequent tour >>>>>

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

their best, my aoty 2017

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's pretty good

14. Yeah this is comfortably their best record.

Dan O'Neill and ChaseTx like this.
  15. One of my favourite records of all time. Still mad they didn't tour the PNW the entire time.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. :heart:

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Now Marshmello and Demi Lovato song "OK Not to Be Ok", I feel like I see sooo many of these songs now (starting with Ariana's Fake Smile and more recently Katy Perry's album). Am I crazy for feeling like this wave started with After Laughter? I'm not saying Paramore were the first to ever do it, but it's just so prevalent now and feels like that really started here.

18. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I wasn't familiar with the Marshmello and Katy song so at first I thought you were referring to the sample that Ariana and Paramore both used (and Metro Boomin feat Swae Lee as well). In that scenario, Paramore was also the first to do it, but I see what you're saying in terms of the sentiment behind these songs too. I don't know if I'd agree Paramore kicked that off bc I remember seeing a lot more stronger-in-spite-of-it-all type songs go to radio (I'm thinking Sara Bareilles or whatever i was never really into it lol) but Paramore definitely did it in a way that felt fresh, and more genuine and thoughtful to me.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh ya I was definitely also referring to Fake Smile (but no not the use of that sample, which, side note: did Paramore actually sample it or just use it for the title?) But ya definitely there was a lot of poptimism going on which is kind of what I'm getting at.

Those songs like the Sara Baraeilles one (I assume we're talking about Brave), and even Katy again with Roar, and others like that were much more about like empowerment and telling you how awesome you are but Paramore flipped the script by making it more about "no I'm really not ok right now and I don't want to pretend I am anymore". Which is what I see a lot more of these days. If that makes sense.

skogsraet and Maybevictor like this.
  20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

No, I don't think they did, I must've misremembered. I could've sworn it was tacked onto the beginning of a song. So weird

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well that’s what Ariana does, so maybe just mixing it up in your head haha

skogsraet likes this.
  22. Lucas27

Trusted

Funny seeing these two songs mentioned in the same context since they're basically the same song. Hahaha.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

24. My wife and I busted this album out last weekend after not listening to it for a bit, and now, once again, we can't stop listening to it.

25. Philll

Trusted

Right, confession time. I havent really paid close attention to this band since Brand New Eyes and I'm finally catching up on the last couple of albums.

What the fuck. I feel like an idiot. I am born again. Good grief.