Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 166

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

Last Hope is the best Paramore ballad that isn’t 26, but both of them have the most meaningful lyrics in their discography to me.

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Last Hope is amazing and I love Jeremy's bass in it, it's like the gentlest groove.

3. JM95

Trusted

Proof might be the most underrated Paramore song.

4. eight30

Regular

I said it when AL came out but I need to revisit S/T. I liked a handful of songs like Last Hope, Proof, Ain't it Fun, Still into You but it never fully clicked with me. AL was so good I didn't wanna turn it off at the time but today will be the day I go back, haha. I also agree that AL has dethroned BNE as my favorite but they are both amazing and totally different.

RobJGolde likes this.
  5. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Agreed. I bounce back and forth between the two depending on the day.

6. RobJGolde

Jeremy is a criminally underrated bass player. He always did these random melodic runs in their songs that always make me want to listen to the song again, or at least those parts.
    In Careful he does one in the 2nd verse (“...shifting your weight...”). And he does in the last choruses of Daydreaming and Still Into You.

K0ta likes this.
  7. Man. Turn It Off is such a great song. I know no one’s arguing otherwise but just felt like it had to be said

ramres, mattylikesfilms, Omni and 8 others like this.
  8. K0ta

I completely agree. Still Into You might be my favorite song for his bass, so much fun.

9. RobJGolde

Am i the only person who sings “I’m walking on the sunshine! WHOA OHHH!” at the beginning of Anklebiters when the guitar and bass are about to come in? Something about it just makes me think of that song haha

10. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My personal fave by them is More Adventurous! “Portions for Foxes” is an ultimate jam.

But my all time favorite song by them is “With Arms Outstretched.”

Mary V, RobJGolde and Aregala like this.
  11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Was my favorite Paramore song until After Laughter gave us Tell Me How

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Lucas27

Trusted

It needs to be said because it's true and it ain't talked about much.

Come to think of it, even though AL is easily my favorite Paramore album, BNE has my two favorite Paramore songs ("Careful" and "Brick by Boring Brick") and the first half of the album in general is just unreal. Maybe their best stretch of songs.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. RobJGolde

Between that song (especially the end where she goes off on the “AGAAAIINNNN!” part) and All I Wanted, BNE may very well be her most impressive vocal performance

disambigujason and Lucas27 like this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

1000 times yes! I would also put “You treat me JUUUUST LIIIIKE another stranger” in Ignorance up there in terms of sheer power.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. K0ta

I remember when RIOT! came out, the jump in power of Hayley's voice from AWKIF to RIOT! absolutely blew my mind.

RobJGolde likes this.
  16. RobJGolde

Right? Like, how does that big voice come out of that tiny human?

K0ta likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My favorite little moment in a Paramore song might be the harmonies in the last chorus of Playing God (the "whoas")

I wish they did it in every chorus of that song instead of just the last one

18. RobJGolde

So i just stumbled across a video of some guy filming just Ilan Rubin rehearsing “Now” with the band before they played Jimmy Kimmel that year, and say what you want about that song, but the whole drum part is dope as fuuuuuck. So glad they picked him up for recording that album.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think they album is massively underrated

20. Omni

Regular

I know we'll probably have to wait until 2020 but I'd really love to get a new Paramore album this year.

beachdude and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  21. Iain

Regular

Yeah that album cycle was great for me. Ilan recording the drums to Aaron Gillespie playing with them live.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Still not a fan of the cover art but this record has seriously grown on me over the last 10 months. I love it now when originally I hated it.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Been on an After Laughter kick again the last couple weeks, and this round is really cementing it as one of my favorite albums of all time. Like the more time I have with it the more I love it. It might be a top 5 all time for me at this point.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I’ve had a few drinks and am watching a YouTube video of one of their summer shows last year. So glad I got to see it. I know they’ve only been away for a few months but I already miss this band so much and cannot wait for whatever is next.