Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 165

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. SpyKi

This Charming Man Supporter

It's worse than all of their openers though.

2. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

How does one ignore that stretch from Pressure to Here We Go Again though?

3. RobJGolde

Also, this performance of Future though...there’s this scream Hayley does in the middle that gives me chills every time I hear it because you can feel she’d been holding it in for a while. So good.

TylerDrumming and Joe4th like this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

I was joking.

5. RobJGolde

Oh haha I was gonna say that is one of the hottest takes I’ve heard in a while

6. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I always thought of "Fast in My Car" as their approximation of a Yeah Yeah Yeahs song

it fuckin rules

7. K0ta

dismantle.repair.

Fast in My Car is a fuggin jam, the moment that bass and snare starts popping I am here for it. Sounds like windows down, warm weather.

8. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

none of their openers are weak

9. unbornwhiskey Dec 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2018)
    unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the “filler” is part of the experience, the s/t is an expansive album with a lot of tangents. think of the interludes as breaks in the action that are also kind of a song suite about the band itself. they remind me of how fragments of “and that’s how i choose to remember it” keep surfacing on rilo kiley’s the execution of all things

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

also “crazy girls” is a fun power pop song with a great melody and an amazing hayley performance

11. ImAMetaphor

so much I think Prestigious

Yeah I don’t skip anything on S/T

12. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"grow up" is still one of my favorite songs they've ever done and easily my favorite tour opener

those m83 synth flourishes at the end of the track >>>>>

13. K0ta

dismantle.repair.

S/T is an adventure from start to finish, it really feels like a journey. The rough aggressiveness ebbs and flows, dipping in and out of softness, highlighting struggles with faith, pain, and hope. It's chaotic in a way that is reminiscent of healing from trauma. To me, it's a pretty cathartic album but even at the end feels like a story that is still writing itself.

14. jordalsh

never let them see the scales Prestigious

Now is a great song srry

ramres, beachdude, ChaseTx and 8 others like this.
  15. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"now" is MASSIVE

bless JMJ

16. TEGCRocco

Trusted

Now is one of the very few bad Paramore songs sorry

17. RobJGolde

THIS! The last 40 seconds of that song are amazing

beachdude, unbornwhiskey and Aregala like this.
  18. RobJGolde

I loved “Now” when it came out, but over time i’ve come to not like it lyrically. That being said, I agree that it sounds massive. I still listen to that song for how sonically brilliant it is.

heymattrick and Aregala like this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I like Now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  20. personalmaps

guppy Supporter

Crazy Girls is their Rilo Kiley song imo!!

Also I love the interludes because when I saw them on the arena tour, I was on the barricade and they performed one of them right in front of me and Hayley laughed and pointed at me during it. So the interludes were all worth it for that interaction.

21. RobJGolde

Update: finished After Laughter just now, and yeah, I’d be amazed if the band manages to top this record. I’m sure they will find a way to do it, but this record feels so complete musically, sonically and lyrically. I love how Hayley hardly explores her upper register on this album, allowing her lower register to be more up front and showing a certain vulnerability that we hadn’t seen before. That aspect of her performance on this record really caught me the first time i heard it last year and it still feels the same way a year and a half later. This fucking band, man.

ramres, beachdude, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  22. Lucas27

Trusted Supporter

Now is awesome. DON’T TRY TO TAKE THIS FROM ME.

(this is a funny comment because I’m quoting the song but I’m also being serious)

23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Dead on!!!!!

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  24. personalmaps

guppy Supporter

I also cannot tolerate any Now slander bc it came out just as I was getting out of my worst relationship and I still get choked up thinking about the lyric “now I never have to wonder what it’s like to sleep a year away.”

25. RobJGolde

I’vvvvvve never listened to Rilo Kiley...

(Ducks)

But for real, where’s a good place to start?