Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 161

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

some music fan

2. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I'm drunk but holy shit saw them tonight and goddamn if Paramore aren't the best band in the world :)

how great it is to experience pure goodness

3. strangeterrain

Regular

Saw Paramore for the first time last night. Incredibly good show. Wish I would have started seeing them much, much earlier.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

You should definitely check it out, fantastic record

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

they were really amazing Saturday. I almost didn't go, luckily the regret I knew I would have over not going nagged at me enough to buy another ticket at the last minute. Great decision

Was a bit disappointed in the merch selection, but I can still buy the Hard Times ringer tee online so I'll prob do that

Also pretty well cemented that each album is better than the last for me. I like s/t a lot

Mary V likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm honestly so sad I'm not going to Art + Friends. I've never really experienced an album cycle like this and it just feels so wrong that I won't be going to close out this era of the band, especially cus I know they're probably finally gonna play Tell Me How. But I hope it's amazing for everyone who does go and maybe the break between now and the next album won't be as long as the last couple since the band seems to be in a really good place for once (so now it's guaranteed not to come out until at least 2021).

Mary V, ramres, Barresi and 5 others like this.
  7. I can't believe this is the end of the AL era, I never even got to see them perform during this cycle :tear: They skipped the PNW on every single tour, unless I missed something. This is probably my favourite album of all time and if I could afford to fly to Nashville to see them perform I would.

8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Flying to Nashville tomorrow for this, I'm so excited.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

There have been some tremendous albums that have come out this year, and there are some amazing albums coming out this fall.

I highly doubt anything will come out that impacts me as much as this.

At this point, this is a top 10 album for me and still my most played.

That is all.

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

They toured Asia a little over two weeks ago, and I was so happy to see them live for the first time (and with this album even).

My legs hurt so much from jumping that for the next few days I literally had problems going up and down stairs. Haha.

11. ramres Sep 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 10, 2018)
    ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

According to my friends at the Nashville show tonight, Hayley just said tonight will be the last time they're going to play Misery Business.

12. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I mean, I wouldn't really mind if they stopped playing it, but I hope they pick another song to bring a fan up for.

13. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Paramore Twitter is freaking out about it, haha. I think it’s probably a good call.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow so they are really aiming to break my heart that I wasn’t at this show huh?

15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

It’s def for the best.

16. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

For what it was at the time and where it took the band, I can appreciate MizBiz. Catchy song is catchy. But they’ve definitely outgrown it. Their catalog is so much more than that one song.

Omni likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

After her pretty long disclaimer before it on this tour it's not surprising. Props to them for actually committing to not playing one of their biggest songs because they don't stand by it anymore

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Lyrically it’s not the best content and I can see why they are retiring it.

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I understand and am proud. However, I think it’s absurd that hayley’s Had to apologize for it so many times and do lengthy disclaimers when there’s dudes from this scene out here still performing worse songs with no intention of stopping or growing. I just hope this will stop the press from continually bringing it up to Hayley. She’s done and said enough about it.

20. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Such a great show, so happy I was there for it.

21. JM95

Trusted

What's she had to apologise for? Is it literally for saying "whore"?

People are stupid. All respect to her though.

22. teel Sep 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2018)
    teel

Regular

lostawholeyear and unbornwhiskey like this.
  23. Iain

Regular

I'd kill for an instrumental version of the version they play of misery business live. I find the part they play when Hayley is selecting fans so relaxing.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  24. Vase Full Of Rocks Sep 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2018)
    Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, they've played versions of the song where they just changed that one line, I don't know why they don't just do that? Update the message. It's still a jam and fans who have been waiting forever to see it live will never get to now.

Edit: I understand that she's outgrown the song and that the band doesn't owe the fans anything. To have that kind of self-awareness and growth is good. It's just a bummer kind of for someone who really likes that track.

earthlight and irthesteve like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I agree it's a bummer

earthlight likes this.