Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore - After Laughter (May 12th, 2017) Album • Page 115

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ramres, Apr 19, 2017.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I was always an album guy, so the Napster/BearShare/Kazaa/Limewire days (fuck y'all, I'm old) were always crazy OCD hunts to assemble full albums song by song

2. This album is helping me a lot, too. I hope you're doing okay :heart:

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Limewire didn't condition me to only listen to singles but it did mean I'd discover years later that albums I supposedly loved had songs I hadn't heard, had alternative versions I now liked less, and destroyed any potential to develop an appreciation for sequencing.

mattfreaksmeout and CarpetElf like this.
  4. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Meh, My heart has some negative personal ties for me, which is why it didn't make the top 10. It's up there though

AelNire likes this.
  5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I put that album when I was with my mom who only listens to pop radio, and she said it was bad. I was like: "WHAAAAAAAT?!"

I'm pretty sure if songs from that album start playing on the radio around here, she'll say it's good and she'll ask me who it is. I'll be glad to tell her it's the songs she said that sucked the other day haha.

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Oh my god yes. I didn't know that Th Con by Tegan and Sara had the song "Like O, Like H" until 2011

js977 and Joe4th like this.
  7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Nineteen is my jam. Favorite album of theirs.

Aregala, cshadows2887 and SpyKi like this.
  8. personalmaps

Nineteen is one of the best songs ever written. Such an incredible album from start to finish.

Aregala and cshadows2887 like this.
  9. cshadows2887

Good god, I just heard their new electro-pop rearrangement of that song at Boston Calling this weekend and hol-ee shit.

carrytheweight and Aregala like this.
  10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I remember downloading some Dashboard song on one of those sites and it was actually Nineteen by Tegan and Sara.

got really into Tegan and Sara and didn't get around to dashboard for another year.

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Currently going to check this out online.

12. I'm so new to Paramore but When it Rains is an easy favorite.

SpyKi, kaylasananjou and AelNire like this.
  13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I LOVE THAT SONG. Gut punch in the feels every single time I hear it.

ryanfears likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

never got into Limewire because i never trusted the fuckers that put stuff on there knew who the hell it was. a gf used it a lot and i'd have to correct her on what artists she was listening to because the person who uploaded it would have it labeled wrong. that shit drives me batty.

think my favorite song on here is "Rose-Colored Boy".

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Tribal Ink made their career off Limewire

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I remember looking up literally any band and it would have results like "FALL OUT BOY XXX BIG BOOBS"

17. cshadows2887

NOBODY IN THE WORLD EVER KNEW WHO THE FUCK DID " THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN"!

Ugh. Sorry. Still mad about it 15 years later.

18. personalmaps

Ahhh I'm so jealous (ha). I've only seen them once and it was a one off radio show with a short set.

Also if I may get in on the ballad ranking:
    1) Last Hope
    2) Misguided Ghosts
    3) When it Rains
    4) In the Mourning
    5) When it Rains
    6) We Are Broken

If we are counting All I Wanted that's number one tho because it always makes me cry.

Aregala likes this.
  19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Anyone ever download an mp3 off Limewire and it was that super weird and dumb recording of something I can't exactly put my finger on? I am giving a terrible description, but it was a thing and it happened for multiple songs/artist. I feel like it was for a website but I could be wrong.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Was it the Bill Clinton quote? Lol

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. westcoastbruh

overall I love this album. I was hoping they'd have some heavier songs (besides 'No Friend') now that Zac is back, but it's a fun summer record.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This is going to be the album I listen to all summer

Kuri44, js977 and Aregala like this.
  23. yes that, or the song would start then you'd hear a car horn and it would stop. so weird. what about those endless songs with "feat. Korn + Eminem + 50 Cent + Linkin Park + Evanescence + Snoop Dogg + ...." in their names ? i can't believe i never got any viruses during that time lol. same thing with Kazaa

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  24. personalmaps

booking for parahoy in 5 minutes, current photo of the inside of my brain:

[​IMG]

25. MegT585

Trusted

Jealous! I have never been before but really want to go this year. I get my booking time by Monday next week I guess. Hopefully I can get in.