Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore – “C’est Comme Ça”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. WasteSomeTime

Regular

well that was awful. I never expect this band to try to recapture an earlier sound much like FOB but this was so far from being anything I enjoy about this band or music in general. Maybe next record I will find something worth returning to

Paul Gurski, Brent, Paulms85 and 4 others like this.
  3. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Yeah for their sake I hope they at least get airplay at urban outfitters, which is what it sounds like they’re going for… their new stuff just isn’t for me. As for this new song in particular… yikes.

Paul Gurski and earthlight like this.
  4. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Ah man...so much hope for this record post AL...just not feelin' the new songs:worried:

Paul Gurski likes this.
  5. MUZIK4LYF

Actually into this, and sounds like it will fit well in the album. Hayley got Bloc Party, Wet Leg, & Dry Cleaning on loop.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I guess I’m a weirdo. I dig it!

7. IbanezRX

I may not know art, but I know what I don’t like...

Paul Gurski, stoph224 and earthlight like this.
  8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Dry Cleaning and Bloc Party, and Paramore vibez lfggggggggg

9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Getting some Two Door Cinema Club in the chorus/pre-chorus, too.

10. brandon Jan 12, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2023)
    brandon

Regular Prestigious

I think this song accomplished exactly what it set out to do. It's a fun little song that will probably fit right into the rest of the album.

EDIT: I dig it even more on the second listen

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm fine with this. Short and sweet. As a standalone single, maybe it's not anything special, but i definitely don't hate it as something somewhere in the album

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Noooot into this at all

Paul Gurski likes this.
  13. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Michael Scott grimace face

I wish I could get into it. I really do. I absolutely love the Riot/BNE/ST run and I came around to After Laughter. Never liked PFA and this misses similarly, though I’m holding out hope one day it just clicks because they are so talented.

The News is ok. But it’s hard to be super excited about all of these. Maybe they work better in the context of the album.

Paul Gurski and earthlight like this.
  14. dnaps

This is so bad I laughed out loud. Could not make it through.

15. rbf737

Regular

At least they're making the kind of music they want, that's about all I can say about it.

Paul Gurski, Brent and earthlight like this.
  16. Uknown76

For me :

1st single : don't like it
    2nd single : like it
    3rd single : don't like it

Toner and adelaide21 like this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

My thoughts exactly. I’m glad they’re doing what makes them happy, I really do love this band. But this has started to veer way off from what I even remotely enjoy at this point. I’ll obviously still give the album a listen but i’m not feeling confident that i’ll enjoy it at this point.

18. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

I guess if you dig it or don't, one things for sure... It does get stuck in your head!!

19. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

Eh, i love this for them

20. caakle

Regular

I do enjoy this song, not as muchas the other singles. But I do understand if someone does not vibe with it at all.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Bloc Party

22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Forgot this is the follow up to AL... what a change, and really not for the better. Man, that album was good.

I guess this kind of reminds me of FOB's FAD so far, just not really liking any single... but eventually I came around to that album after like a decade, so maybe this'll grow on me.

23. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Song is good. Liking every new single as of late.

People just hoping to hear misery business. I get it, I had to grieve arctic monkeys when they permanently went away from the sound I preferred.

24. WasteSomeTime

Regular

for me I don’t care about them going back to misery business sound just don’t like this sound at all

25. Eml182

Regular

This really feels like Haley solo continued. Not going to knock it- hope people like it, just not all the way for me.

I really loved after laughter tho.

parkerxcore and Brent like this.