Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Parachute Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by FTank, Mar 10, 2016.

1. FTank Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2016)
    FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Parachute is an American pop rock band from Charlottesville, Virginia. Since 2006, they have been touring and promoting their music, and released their major label debut album Losing Sleep in 2009, their second album The Way It Was in 2011 and their third album, Overnight, in 2013. The band's upcoming fourth album, Wide Awake, will be released on March 11, 2016.

Solid pop-rock band that I feel is overlooked by most AP/Chorus users for whatever reason. I'd recommend The Way It Was if you've never heard the band before.

Single from the new album:

2. alexjlow

Regular

I've been so into this record recently. I'm not sure how well it did in the mainstream (?) but this has definitely been overlooked by this community, I think a lot of people would enjoy it. 'Without You', 'Lonely With Me' and 'New Orleans' are some highlights for me. Very solid album overall. What are your personal favourites?

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I like all the ones you listed, plus What Side of Love, Jennie, and Waking Up. The beginning is really stacked.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I liked this record when it landed in my inbox a few months ago, but I haven't gone back to it much. I should change that.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's enjoyable, but most of the time if I'm listening to this band I'm probably putting on The Way It Was or some songs from Overnight. I feel they peaked with that material. Still, this album shows that even at their base line, they're capable of writing some very solid songs.

6. alexjlow

Regular

I actually need to revisit 'The Way It Was' when I have time, I remember loving it a few years back. I completely overlooked the last record though so need to get on that too.

7. skoopy

Regular

The Way It Was was definitely their peak as far as creativity and quality, but I've enjoyed the new album more than Overnight for sure.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I love about half of Overnight and the other half is kinda filler-ish but still good. "Meant to Be" and "Hurricane" are career highlights, and the album art is fantastic which always inflates my opinion of the record a bit.

9. skoopy

Regular

I dont know, it seemed to me that Overnight was a large step toward appealing to the mainstream. A lot of the band's appeal to me was that even though they had very catchy hooks, they were creative enough and talented enough to put themselves in the upper tier of pop rock bands. Overnight seemed to sacrifice some of that for more poppy instrumentation and straight-forward songwriting. I will agree though that Meant To Be is a great opener and the title track is pretty good too.

10. JoshRaptorTire

My Dinosaur Life

Honestly love the new album minus like 2 tracks. Nice step in the right direction especially after losing a member.

11. alexjlow

Regular

In my opinion the latest album could well be their best and most consistent release so far. I gave 'The Way It Was' a good listen last night and, damn, I forgot what a banger 'Something to Believe In' is.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The Way It Was is a fantastic album and my favorite of theirs, but damn is "Halfway" bad.

13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Just came across "Without You." What a great track.. looking forward to checking out the rest of the record. Totally forget they had a new album out this year