Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paper Route - Real Emotion (September 23, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by whitenblue88, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I might just wait until I get my pre-ordered CD to listen. Pretty excited for this though.

2. NitrateDawn

Regular

Really loving the album. A couple of the songs they released that I was a little iffy on work a lot better in context IMO.

I feel like "Pretend" could be a massive hit even though I don't think it's one of the better songs on the album.

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The merchnow pre-order download is only 192kbps... I'll definitely just wait for the CD for my first listen in that case. haha

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The album is on youtube (officially) if you don't mind ads in the middle of your first listen

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Three songs in and I'm already loving this.

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Better than I expected

7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

'Second Place' is so good. Really digging this so far.

8. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

A bit too many ballads for my taste but tracks like Mona Lisa are really good.

Jusscali likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah super slow

10. Lucas27

Trusted

I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I do but it's pretty excellent for the most part. "Untitled" is immediately one of my favorite songs of the year. Epic.

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

After a few listens, here's a couple early thoughts on the album:
    1) Reminds me of the new Relient k album in that the front is kinda choppy (but every song is good on its own) and the back half feels very cohesive and is some of the best work they've done
    2) Chariots is probably my favorite song they've ever done. I was hoping there was gonna be more like that song on the album because that was a really cool and new direction for them, but that's ok that there wasn't. I also think it would have worked really well if they used Blue Collar Daydream as the intro track to Chariots.

Overall, I think this is gonna hold up really well. I was worried that 16 songs of Paper Route was going to get samesy or tiresome, but I think they did a really good job with that.

12. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I mostly feel the same way, but I think there is quite a bit of filler on here. The front half of the album is excellent, but it seems like the second half lacks energy (Laugh About It excluded). Still a solid album, though.

13. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Friend thought this was OneRepublic when I played it in car.

14. Jusscali

I really just don't think it's all that great. Definitely prefer the last record.

15. NitrateDawn

Regular

JT's falsetto is a thing of beauty on this album.

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Maybe I'm just boring these days, but I was actually pleasantly surprised at how many times the album stopped to catch it's breath. I feel like all my favorite albums have quite a few soft moments to break from the energy.

Loving this thing more with each listen.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Listening through for the first time right now, this could become my new favorite Paper Route album.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Finished the album... Yeah, pretty sure this is my favorite Paper Route album now.

Guys Named Todd likes this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Wearing this album out

EDIT: in a good way

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This is pretty much definitely going to be in my top 10 for the year. Gets better each listen. During the four years between The Peace of Wild Things and this I lost a lot of interest in the band, but I'm falling in love all over again.

21. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I went into this with super low expectations. I think it was because the band just fell off the planet for a while. I finally got around to checking it out this past weekend and it's easily, I think, the best pop album this year. I know Chariots gets a love of praise, but Mona Lisa is a huge song.

whitenblue88 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  22. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I still really love this album. I really hope they don't hang it up for good.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. Jusscali

I really didn’t love the last one...kinda saw it coming

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Bummer, really liked their newest album!

anonimito likes this.
  25. Lucas27

Trusted

Band should have blown up.