Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panorama Festival 2018 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Drewski, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Sunday will likely be the day I hit.

2. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

The Killers just did two nights in NYC earlier this month, so I don't know how I feel about them as a headliner.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

There are 2-3 bands on Friday and Saturday, but 8-9 I’d watch Saturday. If this was closer to me I’d go.

4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Saturdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

5. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm pretty disappointed with all these festivals this year. I'm probably just going to go to EDC this year for the experience

6. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Saturday's taken 2 hits already with no replacements announced yet...

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

There were rumors circulating that this might get canceled a la FYF.

8. St. Nate

who cancelled?

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@St. Nate Cardi B is definitely out and based on the stuff SZA is saying about her voice it sounds like she is out too.

10. St. Nate

oooooooooooooof

Fronnyfron likes this.
  11. Fronnyfron

I feel they should shift one of the bigger artists from Sunday, but I'm sure it's not that easy based on the artists' touring schedules

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fuck I hope not. I'm hoping they follow suit as the last two years and just make like 5,000 tickets available through giveaways and contests.

And if this gets cancelled, this looks really bad for Janet Jackson. 2 out of 3 of the festivals she headlines gets axed and the 3rd one is selling poorly too.

13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@manoverboard365 There have been kind of two rumors: one that it will be canceled this year, or two, that it will go on this year but it will be the last year. Either one is a shame...I think this festival brings in a much better crowd than GovBall and the lineups are a bit more interesting.

I don't know what these bookers were really thinking on Janet Jackson. Does she move the needle that much in 2018? I don't think so.

14. St. Nate

What do you mean by much?

Anyway it looks like thunderstorms this weekend so not a great summer for New York City Music Festivals hahaha!

15. Fronnyfron

Gov Ball is a lot high school kids and bros. Panorama brings a crowd that actually enjoys the music

Drewski likes this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

I havent been to Pano yet (going this year though), but I've been to Govball 3 times and I stopped going because of the crowd. All high school and college kids who can't hold their liquor and are just popping molly all day. There were several times I had found like a 16 year old girl lying in their own vomit abandoned by friends and I had to flag down someone from the med tents for them.

Janet is actually one of my most anticipated acts for Pano, right behind St. Vincent. But yeah it was a bad idea having her headline alone. They shoulda made her a co-headline act with someone like Future on her top line.

17. St. Nate

I am all of those things.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

You'll love Pano then, a TOTALLY different crowd—which has a lot to do with how they construct their lineups versus GovBall. Not only is everyone much older and more controlled, there are fewer people at the festival itself so there's a ton of room to lay down, sit on the hills by the main stage, or freely wander. I also think Goldenvoice is just all around better at setting up a festival, logistically.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also not sure if it was mentioned already, but The Meadows Festival has officially been cancelled.

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Makes sense. Where did you see that?

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

A Founders insider confirmed in on Inforoo. Apparently sales last year were terrible and they blamed it on the parking lot location, so they tried to relocate this year to some Queens park but their proposal got denied.

Drewski likes this.
  22. Fronnyfron

I actually thought Meadows did fine...with the lineup basically being on par with what Made in America has become

23. Fronnyfron

Lil Wayne added Saturday

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

nice!

25. Fronnyfron

Also it sounds like SZA is still on? Interesting to see how that unfolds