Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panorama Festival 2017 Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

You can change the thread tag from tour to festival.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Fixed, didn't realize there were tags in this forum

kidinthebushes likes this.
  4. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Frank Ocean and Solange back to back would kill me.

Wish Pinegrove was on that day but might end up just going to Friday because that is the only date that really impresses me.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm not too sure about how Saturday's headliners draw but are they big enough for a headlining spot (compared to Frank Ocean and NIN)?

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Alt J and Tame Impala both had near headline slots at ACL a few years ago and both had huge draws. while I don't think they'll have as big of a crowd as the other headliners, the fact that Tame Impala is doing less shows recently may boost their draw a little.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Ah ok thanks! I knew both of their names but didn't exactly know how well they could draw.

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I have gone to at least one day of Governor's Ball every year since it started, but I also did one day of Panorama last year (Friday) and I have to say: Panorama was 100x better. The lack of drunk 15-year-olds alone would be enough, but there was also a lot more to like in general.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  9. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

This lineup crushes Gov Ball

10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

May do this. Neither lineup for this or Gov Ball really excites me. Curious to see what Lollapalooza and Osheaga do this year

11. Grato

Regular

I would say they're about equal but neither are going to be worth the insane price. Frank Ocean's first New York show in five years is very tempting, however. As is a (presumably) hour and 15 Chance set.

12. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

How is $250 plus fees an insane price???? Some great underground electronic on the bill for Pano. Gov Ball is 300+ right now so I'll pass on 3 day.

@Joel - back me up on this one

13. Joel Jan 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2017)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, Anthony Naples/Mister Saturday Night/Tim Sweeney/Huerco S/Jaar show better curation and understanding of dance music than most major fests. Stack that alongside some of the best modern rock bands going (Cloud Nothings, Pingegrove, Mitski etc) and I would throw 250 at that easy, even with my general distaste for fests

Edit: woah Jayda G too, damnnn

Fronnyfron likes this.
  14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Nah, you're very correct. $250 for 3 days (especially in NYC) is a great price, even "cheap."

Fronnyfron likes this.
  15. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I prefer this lineup over Governor's Ball for sure

16. zack33107

Regular

Hey Everyone

I bought blind pre-sale tickets for this but it doesn't look like it will work out anymore. $590+ Shipping for the pair.

I am on the payment plan and believe we have 2 more installments left, and then we will send over the wristbands upon receipt.