Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skogsraet, Apr 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have the same order as you, with only PO and Fever swapping often and essentially being level playing field. Vices and Bachelor are also equally bleh to me, so maybe they would switch.

Overall, best list right here fo sure

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Pretty Odd is the first record I ever purchased, so I threw it on the turntable this morning. What a ballsy album. Can't believe it's the route they took and that it musically worked.

Brendan was fucking 20 when that album was released. Could you imagine being 20 years old and having that kind of recording production at your disposable. Didn't they record some of the strings at Abbey Road?

Can you imagine being 20 and handing that album in to FBR with a straight face?

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

You should do it! Don't fucking worry about what others are going to think. This may sound weird/braggy/self absorbed, but some of my favorite songs are demos that I made for myself that no one is ever going to hear.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I remember they did a behind the scenes before Pretty. Odd. came out. I remember they said hopefully you like the record. If you do we'll see you on the road, if you don't, I guess we won't. Something along those lines haha

It's still my favorite Panic! record

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. btr

Trusted Supporter

All My Friends We're Glorious: Death Of A Bachelor Tour Live out December 15th. On double vinyl and digital.

beachdude42 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm so excited for this! I'll definitely grab that pre-order right away. Why do I know this is going to be absurdly expensive though?

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Link?

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

airik625 likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This next Panic! album should be absolutely massive. I'm so interested to see where Brendon goes now.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Totally agreed. I wonder how far along he is.

JamesMichael and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This will be a GREAT Christmas present to my mom, considering I took her to this show, haha.

12. lina555

Regular

This is a normal trend for me. This means that the musicians are trying to experiment.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I’m gonna get it for my wife for Christmas.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think you're misinterpreting what I said. I think you think I'm talking about musicians putting alternate versions of a song on as a bonus track or something like that.

What I was complaining about was that there were a couple years where you'd literally have to buy 3 versions of an album to hear all the bonus tracks. That's not right to me.

beachdude42 and ComedownMachine like this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if this will all be one show, or if it'll be a collection of performances throughout the tour. Would love to get another live in Chicago album from them for a show I actually attended.

16. lina555

Regular

Oh yes, I'm sorry! I really did not understand you at first.

17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Been really enjoying the new live album. Brendon sounds so good.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Shit. Its sooooooo good! Just checked it out!

19. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I meant to post this yesterday but forgot. Brendon did an Instagram Live chat again yesterday and said the album was pretty much done and they were just going in and fine-tuning things. Also, during the chat, he was working on tour transition music. So I'm guessing an album/tour announcement will be coming soon. My bet is late Spring album and summer tour.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm so ready! I hope this album is just as big as the last. It's always so exciting when a Panic! album is around the corner cus literally who the hell knows what we're going to get. I just know it'll almost definitely bang.

22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I would love new Panic! this summer. With the new FOB, that’s already quite the summer soundtrack

23. CAC3

Dog

I mean, Pretty. Odd. is clearly their best album, right? In my opinion, its not close. I continue to enjoy Panic, but nothing has ever hit me on nearly the same level.

DisloyalOrder and Daniel182 like this.
  24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Too Weird is my favorite, but Pretty Odd is probably their most accomplished!

David Parke likes this.
  25. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe P.O. is almost ten years old already. I remember following the marketing for that album so closely.

Kuri44 likes this.