Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skogsraet, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Kuri44

I think about that a lot too, and it makes me feel old :worried::teethsmile:

TedSchmosby and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've always been a Vices and Virtues Panic fan.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

beachdude42 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've always thought that. It has a great mix of everything they've done before along with hints of the newer stuff.

beachdude42 and tdlyon like this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Feverstillbetterthough.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Same haha. Looking forward to owning this on vinyl again. Sold my gold copy a year or so ago and always regretted it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Only took seven months, but finally got the Fever You Can't Sweat Out vinyl in the mail today.

airik625 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The hype is real for me right now! I hope it gets here soon. AFYCSO is the first album I bought that i still listen to today. It was basically the album that bridged me from top 40 to actually seeking out good bands, and is one of maybe the top 3-5 albums that sparked my true love for music. Owning that on vinyl is going to be a big deal for me.

9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Fever might be the most nostalgic album that exists for me. Like, it's not my favourite album now, and was never even my favourite then, but I think because it came out when I was starting to actually take note of music and because all of the Panic albums that came after were so different, Fever feels like such a little time capsule. Brings me back to requesting I Write Sins on Friday night radio, watching the music video on Much at 2 am, and downloading select songs off of Limewire and wondering what the fuck martyrdom meant. Damn good times

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I'm a Too Weird To Live kinda guy these days.

skogsraet, Aregala and JRGComedy like this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Idk what caused this but I decided to throw on V&V and fell in love with it all over again. Then I went to TWTL and DOAB and fell in love with those. They had both already started growing on me but today felt like a good time to just dive into the new decade PATD albums. Theyre fun listens and they all have a unique sound and theme to them with V&V being very baroque/chamber pop, TWTL being very electronic and dancy, and DOAB being more big band/jazzy/lounge singer feeling. Not to mention you could make a pretty slick 10 track album from the bonus tracks as well as "Mercenary" and "New Perspective". Its been a fun day.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Don't forget C'mon with fun.

skogsraet and airik625 like this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

as much as i LOVE both fun and Panic, i dont really care for that song haha. sacrilege I know

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

One day I'll really dig into the last few albums and give them a fair shot. This week, instead though, I decided that Fever is indeed a 5/5

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

still bummed we never got the other two songs they did together

SpyKi likes this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

me too.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was lucky enough to see them play it live together on the V&V tour with fun opening. Wasn't huge on it til I saw Brendon and Nate do it in front of my eyes and it just clicked.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I didn't even know (or at least remember?) that they had 2 other songs so thanks for ruining my life with that bit of information. I'll begin my prayers for a RSD release one day.

It was complete magic. That tour was when I first started listening to fun (except for the gambler), and I ended up being really late thanks to person who drove me, so I only caught their last 2 songs. I was so bummed I missed them, so after that show I started listening to Aim & Ignite a ton to make up for it and then I didn't stop all summer long and it is now my favorite album of all time (so basically I credit that concert for making fun. my favorite band)

irthesteve likes this.
  19. Ed59_

Regular

Been on a mad Panic! binge recently. Each era of the band has so many great tracks. Still gutted we'll never hear what the "cabin album" sounded like apart from the clip of OG Nearly Witches.

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Vices & Virtues is their best album and Fever is grossly overrated don't @ me

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I feel the same. I think Vice and Virtues is a culmination of every single album Panic has put out. Makes me wonder what the last two albums would've sounded like if Spencer was still part of it all.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I agree with you, probably some pretty good material we'll never hear

Ed59_ likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm still mad Oh Glory ended up getting shoved to the side

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

V&V has been my favorite by them since it came out

DOAB actually grew on me a ton too, I'd probably put that third

25. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I have such fond memories of the V&V era. I'll never forget when Brendon injured his ankle at my show, running back to the stage from other end of the amphitheater after performing Always. The guy continued bouncing around as if nothing happened. Amazing performer.