Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Band • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skogsraet, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's great but it's always felt like a diluted version of Fever to me.

JamesMichael and irthesteve like this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

DOAB is easily their worst and it still has some bangers

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Pray For The Wicked is definitely the most... mainstream, so I do agree in that sense it's the safest.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love V&V as a middle ground between Pretty Odd and Fever. To me it doesn't feel safe, as much as it feels like the missing link between those two.

I do agree that PFTW is their "safe" album. It's the first time a Panic album has felt like an extension of the last rather than something new. But that being said it's also my favorite since V&V and might even top that one for me, so I do really love it. I definitely hope there's a switch up again.

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i used to think this but after spending a decent amount of time with vices i think it's... not as safe a move as you're making it out to be. plus it has "trade mistakes," a fucking amazing song

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Fever and Vices are leagues above everything else they’ve ever done for me. Love both of them so so much.

7. SpyKi

PFTW feels like he just made the album DOAB should have been.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I like DOAB a LOT more than PFTW, it has a lot more variety I feel like

dotKev likes this.
  9. irthesteve

I think DOAB might have more variety, but I don't think he pulls it off as well as he does on PFTW. I think that Too Weird has even more variety, but that's my least favorite.

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

too weird and doab are the weakest panic records for me but they have "collar full" and "la devotee" respectively, my two favorite modern panic songs

JamesMichael and dotKev like this.
  11. SpyKi

I feel the same but with the title track on DOAB and Casual Affair. Both albums have some amazing songs but just have some trash too.

dotKev likes this.
  12. Chance Harbour

Regular

Vices is the opposite of safe in my opinion. Everyone was expecting Fever 2.0, and they made an album that dabbled across a couple of genres but still sounded like something new. I think it’s their only album without any especially weak tracks, expect for maybe Kill Tonight.

beachdude likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Collar Full is fucking incredible, the part during the chorus where he sings "There's always time for second chances..." etc. and the piano plays along with it is one of my favorite moments of their whole discography

Chance Harbour and beachdude like this.
  14. Chance Harbour

Regular

hell yes - also the last chorus/breakdown in Far Too Young; back half of that record is phenomenal

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. Chance Harbour

Regular

for anyone interested, Ryan Ross did an interview this week and confirmed he’s working on new music, and he also said that he had Cricket and Clover, or the cabin album, but I don’t think we’ll ever get to hear it because I’m sure FBR owns all of it.

Brent, beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn that’s a shame we’ll probably never hear it.

Brent likes this.
  17. irthesteve

LEAK IT

beachdude and Chance Harbour like this.
  18. Chance Harbour

Regular

at this point all we can hope for is including it in a greatest hits album or some sort of EP years down the line to cash in on it

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. Longnights Nov 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2019)
    Longnights

Found this today. For sale if anyone wants it. I think they only played two shows on this run. 3rd show they ever did? The one I was supposed to do in nj was canceled

Attached Files:

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That font is atrocious haha

22. Chance Harbour

Regular

i’m sad that we probably won’t get another album until next year at the earliest, but Brendon deserves the downtime

beachdude likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We’ve gotten two albums in the last Four years, I think we’ll be OK.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  24. Kuri44

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious