Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skogsraet, Apr 14, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Panic! at the Disco is an American band from Las Vegas, NV that became famous in 2005 because of Pete Wentz. Since then, they've slowly dwindled down to one member, Brendon Urie, and released five albums, their most recent effort, Death of a Bachelor, becoming their first no. 1 album.

I made this thread mostly because I'm that surprised there isn't one already, and I would love to hear opinions on DOAB and how Brendon is doing as the only member on his first album cycle sozinho.

2. Collins

Trusted

Not the popular opinion but I actually really liked DOAB. The title track is one of Brendon's best songs.

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I enjoyed DOAB quite a bit. It's not brilliant or anything but it's fun music.

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I loved V&V when it came out, but I just revisited a few days ago and it doesn't hold up as well as I'd hoped.

hypernights. likes this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like DOAB and the title track is fantastic but I think it's easily his weakest record.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Add me to the list of those that enjoyed Death of a Bachelor.

7. I like their first two albums but haven't really listened to anything since.

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

That second album was amazing.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Death of a bachelor is a good album but I do not like the title track

10. Collins

Trusted

Interesting, I thought the title track was kind of the unanimous favorite. I'd like to see him go more in that direction.

I've been getting into V&V. The Calender and Nearly Witches are so good

11. SpyKi

mental, haha.

12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

In my opinion...

Fever > twtltrtd > DOAB > pretty odd > v&v

Possibly the hardest band I've ever ranked albums for but in any case, I also liked v&v went it came out and now I find the album rather lackluster, with perhaps the exception of Ballad of Mona Lisa and Nearly Witches. I'm having a hard time letting Fever sit at the top, as much as I love it, the songwriting comes off as really unrefined at times but I love the diverse instrumentation and every single chorus on that album is incredibly catchy. I didn't listen to TWTL for a year after it came out but lately it's been an album I just keep going back to. I hated Pretty Odd when it came out especially in light of the Beatles comparisons as I felt they were trying way too hard to copy a certain style, but now I def respect the songwriting on that album and She's a Handsome Woman has become one of my all time favorite songs. As for DOAB, I really like the production on it and it's been my go-to album when I need to stay awake for long drives. Aside from that, I'm still waiting to see how it holds up over time. It's catchy, but the subject matter is primarily getting faced and partying and I don't think that's going to help keep it in rotation for me.

13. SpyKi

Fever > Pretty Odd > Vices > Too Weird > Death

Pretty easy ranking for me. I think they've gotten less interesting and weaker from a songwriting perspective with every album. I still enjoy them all though and really like the first four.

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I agree with you haha

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Nope

V&V>Fever>TWTL>DOAB>PO for me

16. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I am with you on this

17. airik625

Fever > Pretty. Odd > DoaB > whatever those other two albums are.

18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

V&V > DOAB > Fever > TWTL > Pretty. odd

19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Damn I had no idea v&v was so well loved!

20. eight30

Regular

Vices is good but I burn out on it so quickly. I guess I feel that way about most of their albums but Vices is the one I grow tired of the quickest. I think I might rank it Too Weird >DOAB>Fever>Pretty Odd>Vices. I don't expect anyone to agree, haha.

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Listened to DOAB once and had no desire to go back to it. That said, I didn't hate it, just not the most interesting thing.

:heart:Northern Downpour though:heart:

23. Jose

weightless in the valley

V&V > Too Weird > Pretty Odd = Fever > DOAB

DOAB had 5 good songs imo, and it was the last five. The front half has annoying things about it, either musically (the key of the gang vocals in Victorious comes to mind) or lyrically (the whole of Good Time). Also wish there was better production on Golden Days. The guitars and bass are clean the whole way through until he starts belting out those "golden days" and the instruments get muddy. That song could easily be a killer if those instruments weren't that way.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Fever > P.O. >>>>>>>>> Vices > Death >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Weird

25. airik625

I agree with this except I would switch DOAB w/ Vices. otherwise, I like it.