Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco - Pray For the Wicked (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 21, 2018.

1. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I'm not really sure what the deal is, I remember he had a weird rant on stage ??

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I can't believe it has already been over 3 years since this dropped.

4. JamesMichael

Just thrown this on again for the first time in a long time and it's still a blast. Lyrics are a bit eh but it has melodies for days.

beachdude, Vs. and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Chance Harbour

Regular

i really don’t think a follow-up comes until 2023

6. JamesMichael

That’s a long wait. What makes you think that?

7. Chance Harbour

Regular

i’m guessing he took 2020 off, and with the pandemic, that break is probably stretching into this year. as others mentioned with the controversies, he’s probably lying low for now too, but i’m sure next year he’ll start recording and doing some festivals with a single later in the year.

brendon usually streams when he’s working on music, but i think the dude just wants to enjoy some time off. he was insanely booked for a while.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I dunno, I kinda get the feelin' Brendon is ALWAYS recording.

JamesMichael and Chance Harbour like this.
  9. Anthony_

he's gotta wait long enough until he's sure that not many people will bring back up all the shitty stuff he's said/been involved with over the last couple years

10. Chance Harbour

Regular

valid point, but to be fair he seems to have been working on stuff that’s non-panic! related

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I honestly don't think anyone outside of this site and certain corners of Twitter even know anything about that stuff

I'm not even sure I know what you guys are talking about

kelseyleigh and skogsraet like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

SimpleMath1979 likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

June 1, very interesting

Mr. Serotonin and SimpleMath1979 like this.
  15. Anthony_

Contender likes this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

And Paramore is probably gonna be dropping soon, so now we just need FOB to get on it

17. Vs.

Regular

Finally

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

About time

19. JamesMichael

COVID aside it has been super weird for them to have come off their most successful album arguably since Fever and then just go dead silent.

Not sure if those accusations had anything to do with it.

MysteryKnight and heymattrick like this.
  20. Anthony_

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was waiting for the wave of allegations to die down before coming back. It’s a classic tactic for a reason, it tends to work.

skogsraet likes this.
  21. SimpleMath1979

Regular

Very possible the record has been done for close to a year, and they’ll release it at the same time as the vinyl production is finished.

I also think they’re at a place in their career where they don’t NEED to churn out records frequently, which honestly might be good for us the fans. It’ll ensure he’s making music because he’s inspired and not because he HAS to.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I hope this new era is theatrical AF.

23. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I’m really curious how this is gonna roll out. A lot of the most hardcore panic fans want more of an acknowledgment of the things he’s said, done, and excused throughout his career and ignoring that seems sketch to me tbh. Some of the accusations were really serious and verifiably false, but the apology he gave for the things that were true does not seem to have been sufficient, at least for the Twitter fanbase. When the teaser went up, Ryan Ross started trending lmfao.

Personally I’m a pretty forgiving fan and I’ll prob listen after checking out everyone else’s reactions on here. The Zack Hall/Kenny Harris stuff does gross me out tho. And I highly doubt it’s a coincidence considering Brendon’s own history.

24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm stoked. Can't wait for a new album.

Vs., beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude likes this.