Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco - Pray For the Wicked (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 21, 2018.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That sounds much better than when I saw it live, haha.

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

his voice is so good it has a hard time with those songs now haha

3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah wow it’s surprising how rough that sounded.

Brent likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

airik625 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Lol brendon is such a fuckin beast

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Huge surprise lol

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

On Reddit there’s been discussion that the South Africa show allegations are actually from a Panic fan fiction, and that anonymous account was created then deleted all the tweets pretty quickly. I swear I’m not looking to pick holes in sexual assault stories but are they seriously actually saying Brendon Urie was at a nearby train station after a huge festival where the crowd is catching trains home, and then assaulted him publicly on the train, which would have been filled with concert goers leaving the festival?

9. Vs.

Regular

Yeah, why would they delete the tweets/anonymous accounts?

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah that didn’t make much sense to me either. The other one with the girl that was taken backstage is odd too, but a bit more believable. I believe survivors but it’s just a bit too bare, not that they need to delve into detail to describe their experience. Not sure how I feel about it.

11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The Brendon allegations seem a little iffy, but the allegations against his security guard are pretty widespread and the fact that Brendon STILL hasn't said anything about them/the "band" hasn't made a public statement is a pretty bad look.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

Absolutely agreed

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

Agreed - especially after his last Instagram post about not wanting to remain silent or complicit about things. They fired Kenny Harris within a day.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

People write fan fiction about sexual harassment encounters with PATD?

Why

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

Sean Murphy likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

Because it can make you a lot of money e.g. Fifty Shades of Gray

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I wouldn’t consider writing fan fiction about sexual harassment to be the same as regular fan fiction.

If someone writes about two band members going at it then sure, whatever keeps your pencil sharpened, but writing about encounters such as unwanted sexual harassment is exactly why there has just been a fiasco about Urie. Maybe some fan fiction should be discouraged.

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

Can't really defend that concert footage of him wanting to go at it with girls especially if they're unwilling though, awful horrible joke or not

19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

What’s going on here?

20. heymattrick

Sending my love

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I know this discussion has happened many times, but I am doing an album runthrough, and I just am still so disappointed in what a terrible album Vices & Virtues is. It's like the band took everything from the first two albums and completely watered it down to the absolute lowest common denominator. It's musically bland, half the choruses sound somewhere between "radio bait" and "forgettable."

Mona Lisa is a terrible opener, Let's Kill Tonight is a disaster, Hurricane and Memories have moments of cool stuff but it doesn't work. The 2 best songs are toward the end, "Always" easily is the best thing on the album, but it basically just sounds like a Pretty Odd track. "The Calendar" is the only other song I would keep from the album.

Anyway, it's still not as bad as the album after it, but it's still a massive disappointment after two all-timers in a row.

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It’s my favorite album of theirs haha

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I remember that, unfortunately. Was it just the first album you heard from them or what? It's so absolutely lifeless musically, what do you like? I just don't get it at all.

24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

That may be my favorite album by them, at least toward the top for sure. Hurricane and Memories are both probably in my top 10 PATD songs.

beachdude and BornToRun like this.
  25. Vs.

Regular

Let’s Kill Tonight is one of my favorites. Great live, too.