Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco - Pray For the Wicked (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 21, 2018.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Nah, get a record out late this year/early next year, ride that wave, then 2 or 3 years off before the deep cut follow-up that will keep him around

2. He's already writing.

3. radiodead

Trusted

This is pure speculation and I have never been in this thread but my wife likes Panic a lot and we both like T Swift. I’m hoping she takes him on tour with her. Would make sense.

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm not sure if it makes sense. Panic! is way too big to be an opening band at this point, they sell out arenas easily on their own. If you look at Taylor Swift's openers from the past few tours (Camila Cabello, Charli XCX, Vance Joy), they were much smaller acts.

5. Anthony_ May 3, 2019
    (Last edited: May 3, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Him saying "I don't think it'll be too long before a new Panic! record" gives me real hope for 2020.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

He's a machine. I don't think it'll be too long.

7. Anthony_

Wasn't he talking about potentially taking a break from records in the run-up to PFTW? I was just thinking of those comments and wondering how long it would be before the next one. Hearing what he said in that video makes me feel a lot better though.

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well he does say in the video he thought he was going to take a break but then just started writing

9. Anthony_

Right I assume that's a reference to what I'm talking about.

10. Chance Harbour

Regular

To be fair, I think he’s always writing. Writing intently for a Panic! record is a different story, I would think. I guess I figured he would take a break before putting ideas into a cohesive work, but I suppose he doesn’t plan on stopping too long. It is a fair point to say that he should ride this popularity, but I guess I was more so hoping he took a longer break for his own sake.

11. Mr. Serotonin

Brendon is on Tom's Segura's podcast "Your Moms House". I love when worlds collide.

beachdude likes this.
  12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Mr. Serotonin and beachdude like this.
  14. Chance Harbour

Regular

insane. Hey Look Ma is right behind it too.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I hope this guy can get back to writing interesting music, he’s got all the talent in the world and deserves fame but I don’t really need another album about how he started from the bottom now he’s here

He wrote about much more interesting things and perspectives 10 years ago

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Pray For The Wicked is his most interesting music since Pretty Odd

SpyKi, JamesMichael, Micool1 and 4 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hmmm, Brendon didn't even really start writing songs until V&V - which was only 8 years ago.

19. Mr. Serotonin

How was this not interesting?

beachdude likes this.
  20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

That’s fair, although I doubt he had zero input before that

I loved V&V though, and New Perspective from around that time is a total gem

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To clarify my previous post...Ryan was the main songwriter for Fever and Odd...Brendon wasn't the main songwriter until V&V and obviously beyond.

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I heard "New Perspective" in a Jersey Mike's yesterday. Definitely was not expecting that song.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I remember how polarizing the ending of that song was when it came out

24. Chance Harbour

Regular

I hardly hear that song anymore because it’s not on Spotify but it’s so good

25. Mr. Serotonin

That song is soooo great