Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco - Pray For the Wicked (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 21, 2018.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I love the first half of Mania, but overall it doesn't have the consistency of this album, every song on here is great

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Old Fashioned is so underrated from this album. I'm going to listen to the whole thing now I think in protest of the grammys

dotKev, beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Chance Harbour

Regular

I think since DOAB got a nod, this album deserved one too, but oh well. Surprised High Hopes isn’t in the conversation.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just realized that probably what happened was Fall Out Boy split the vote with Panic! and came out on top. If Fall Out Boy didn't have an album in contention this year, I think Panic! would've 100% gotten one.

5. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

I think Mania is great and all, but now is when they finally decide to nominate a FOB album?

6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

As much as I love MANIA, I prefer this album. This is actually my AOTY, and with Thrice releasing an album this year, I never thought I'd say that.

7. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

8. irthesteve

They just had a pretty great performance on The Voice. Hey Look Ma & High Hopes

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. irthesteve

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I really thought I would get tired of High Hopes and it would get played out, but nope. Still one of my favorite bangers of the year. Never skip it when it comes on shuffle.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Turkeylegz, beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  12. Chance Harbour

Regular

King of the Clouds getting some play for All-Star Weekend - next single?

beachdude likes this.
  13. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Hey Look Ma I Made It is the next single. It's being sent to radio this week (finally).

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah good choice

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I thought that already was a single. Maybe the music video is what convinced me that.

beachdude and ncarrab like this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Solid choice except it slightly bothers me how similar it is in theme to High Hopes. But I like Hey Look Ma way more so I’d love if it caught on. Also they are really missing an opportunity if they don’t ever push Dancings Not A Crime

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I think Hey Look Ma is a lot more nuanced. Has some underlying themes of the "dark side of fame" that High Hopes doesn't have

mattfreaksmeout and beachdude like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'd agree with that. It's less that I care, and more that I worry the general public will feel they are too similar. But it is definitely the more nuanced version of the song, and in a way it's also cool cus High Hopes is kind of about getting there, and then Hey Look Ma is about the consequence of that. In other words, I take it back. I just want Dancing to be a single.

TEGCRocco and beachdude like this.
  19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

King of the Clouds is WAYYYYY too wordy to be a single.

20. Chance Harbour

Regular

Hey Look, Ma and Dancing are the most logical single choices - I agree

beachdude likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Dancing’s Not a Crime is such an obvious single choice that I can’t believe it hasn’t already happened

JamesMichael and heymattrick like this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So what constitutes a single? The Hey Look video has been out since the release of the album and I’ve 100% heard Hey Look on my wife’s XM hits station or whatever ‘top pop’ mainstream stations she listens to in her car - like, months ago.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Does Panic have a strong enough discog to justify a weekly poll? I know nothing about the band outside of the songs that I mix up with Fall Out Boy.

24. Chance Harbour

Regular

We had an album-by-album bracket a while back that was hotly debated.

25. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I ran that bracket and Nearly Witches was the winner.