Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco - Pray For the Wicked (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 21, 2018.

1. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

One can hope. Dude can shred.

BornToRun and Chance Harbour like this.
  2. Chance Harbour

Regular

Brendon and co. followed a guitarist out of LA named Mike Naran, so he’s seeming like the replacement.

beachdude likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No way!!! I love Mike! That’d be awesome!

4. My girlfriend's a long time fan of this band so I've slowly made my way through their discography. The more I've listened to this record the less I've liked it. It feels like a rehash of DOAB but not as good. Say Amen and High Hopes are great though.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I still like the album, but it's had nowhere near the staying power as their other albums. That said, if I throw it on right now, I'd enjoy the hell out of it.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I still love it. So much anthemic fun.

JamesMichael and beachdude like this.
  7. Clockwork

Regular

It’s just an improved version of what they were going for on DOAB imo.

8. Mr. Serotonin

Yep, every song works.

beachdude likes this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yep, it's what I wanted that album to be.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

best album since Pretty. Odd

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I haven't listened to it in a while but I was sorta whelmed iirc

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Listening again now since everyone was talking about it this morning, and I still love it. It didn't have a ton of staying power I guess, but I don't think Panic! really has for me since V&V. Really not many albums have much staying power with me these days. But I'm really enjoying my listen now and that's more important to me - it's not how much I listen to it but how much I enjoy it when I do listen. Also it's basically party music so it's not always what I want to hear, but it's great when I'm in the mood for that.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Unrelated, but wow High Hopes is doing really really well it looks like. It looks on track to be their biggest hit since I Write Sins. I wonder if it'll ever breach top 40 radio. I hope so.

Also I really really hope they decide to push Dancings Not a Crime.

beachdude and JRGComedy like this.
  14. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Last three albums have been a little wishy washy in terms of staying power for me - they all have songs that I consider to be the best of Panic!, but I think they all have their fair share of "just ok" songs. I think DOAB probably remains my favorite of the last 3.

I still haven't really flipped on One of the Drunks or Old Fashioned yet. I think they're the weakest of the entire bunch. Dancing's Not a Crime and King of the Clouds have only shot up higher on my favorites list though.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've definitely come around on One of the Drunks. The Overpass is the only one that doesn't stand out to me. Really, I just love this whole album.

16. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

One of the Drunks is a fun song. One of the weakest on the album, but it's not bad at all. Old Fashioned is the weakest link for sure.

17. Mr. Serotonin

Both 2 of my favourites.

18. eight30

Regular

Old Fashioned's horns are one of my favorite parts of the album. Can take or leave The Overpass. One of the Drunks grew on me majorly.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’m honestly surprised ‘Hey Look Ma’ wasn’t bigger when they released that song as it’s a banger I think.

20. Mr. Serotonin

I could listen to tha guitar tone all day on that one

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

High Hopes is being used as the cut to/out of commercials song for some NFL games this season which is giving it a lot of exposure. Plus, it bangs.

Mr. Serotonin and beachdude like this.
  22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol yesterday my panic stan nephew heard high hopes during the NFL game and was like "THIS IS WHEN HE WALKS ON THE BUILDING! " he was hyped lmao it still kills me cause this is rly the first band he's gone hard for. I mean previously his fave song was drop it like it's hot but he wasn't as obsessive as he is with panic

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This one doesn't touch DOAB for me (PFTW is actually probably my least favorite post-V&V album) but I still really enjoy it. I consistently like pretty much everything Brendon does

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

Song is also in NHL 19.

25. Chance Harbour

Regular

High Hopes is huge. I’ve been hearing it everywhere. PFTW is still great in my opinion - it’s more focused and has stronger hits than DOAB, and I think it’s a step above it. Trade One of the Drunks for Golden Days and trade The Overpass for LA Devotee and it’s my definite second favorite Panic! album.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.