Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco - Pray For the Wicked (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I really want to like Say Amen, but it is just so much more of the same. Silver Lining is much better.

Contender likes this.
  2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Both songs are awesome. Silver Lining may be a tad better. Just heard Say Amen on the radio (ALT 92.3 in NYC), so that was cool

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea it's wild that in 2013 I saw them play a ~1,000 cap show at the Vic Theater before Riot Fest and it wasn't like super hard to get tickets right away or anything, it was just where they were at at the time.

beachdude42 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This sounds so stupid but that first note in “gold” reminds me so much of Claudio Sanchez lolol

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

beachdude42 and BornToRun like this.
  6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think I’m in the minority but I like Say Amen more than Silver Lining right now. Anyway I’m soooo hype and especially excited for a summer Panic! album. This band has soundtracked so many of my summers and I’m more than willing to give them another.

7. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"Say Amen" was pretty whatever to me on first listen (great video tho)

but holyfuckingshit "Silver Lining"

excited for this despite being pretty mixed on the last one aside from some stellar songs ("LA Devotee" in particular)

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Okay yeah there are really good. I found the last album to be hit and miss but both of these are smashes so far, I'm fully behind this right now.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

people were freaking out about silver lining so i gave it a listen

this is trash

10. Cool story Casey. Good input.

11. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

These are both fucking awesome

beachdude42 and Turkeylegz like this.
  12. Vs.

Regular

I like the video.

13. delta_existential

Say Amen is fucking awesome. Silver Lining is not quite as good but still pretty great.

I'm normally whatever about music videos, but the part in the Say Amen video where the girl kicks him in the balls right as he hits the high note actually made me laugh out loud. One of the reasons I love this band so much is those little flashes of goofy humor.

Also: definitely get the JT vibe on Silver Lining.

mike1885, beachdude42, Vs. and 4 others like this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

big fan of both songs and the video. excited for the full album.

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The Beyonce lyric in Silver Lining is fucking hilarious

skogsraet likes this.
  16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Argh these aren’t on Pandora yet. Did I choose the wrong service? I love pandora premium but a lot of stuff seems to come to Spotify first, or even worse Spotify only.

17. dotKev

@dotkevin

It's been on Apple Music all day, fwiw. Their Android app is awful, but they are reliable for getting music first or on-time. Would recommend.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Am I on ur good side again

teebs41 likes this.
  19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Say Amen is definitely my favorite of the two, but I dig both. They (He?) haven't really let me down yet, so I'm sure this will be good.

20. Michael

Regular Bitch

Silver Lining is super fun.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I fucking love the horns on both of these, they've always made such great use of that. Album cover is dope too, and I will never not see them live. Super excited that we got all of this today

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

23. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

everything is cherries, cherries

beachdude42 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

ive been listening to Panic to get back into the swing of things and im really impressed with Brendon not really staying in his comfort zone when it comes to the music he makes. these songs sound like theyre cut from the same cloth as DOAB but are even MORE showtunesy and almost sound like theyd fit into a cheesy broadway musical, and I mean that in the nicest way.

for what its worth I also think Brendon all in all is a pretty ok lyricist. hes got some funny lines, some clunkers, and some genuienly great sets of lyrics. id really love to be able to catch them live, pls come to Charlotte or somewhere close.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah, these songs seem to really hit what I think he was going for on the last album. At least they're more in line with what I wanted the last album to be, haha.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.