Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! at the Disco Hit Rarified Chart Air

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Gary Trust, writing for Billboard:

Meanwhile, “Hopes” leads Alternative Songs for a fifth week and Adult Pop Songs for a second week. The song is just the fourth to top those two airplay charts and Pop Songs simultaneously, dating to the March 1996 inception of Adult Pop Songs in Billboard’s pages in March 1996. (Pop Songs began in October 1992 and Alternative Songs, in September 1988.)

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Remember when everyone was saying Panic would be a good halftime show performer but they needed one HUGE hit before that could be in the discussion? Is "High Hopes" that hit? I hear it fucking EVERYWHERE. Not saying they would or should play it now, but maybe in a few years?

3. somethingwitty

Trusted

They're perfect for a half time show, zero controversy, safe pop music. If Maroon 5 is doing it this year, I can't imagine Panic is far behind, they've become very similar acts.

Mr. Serotonin and theasteriskera like this.
  4. Chance Harbour

Regular

So stoked for Brendon. He’s worked so hard to get here. I would say Panic! is creeping up on halftime-act-worthiness but may need a couple more singles hovering around the Top 40.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Psh, now ya'll are agreein' ;-p

That'd be so cool. Hope it's a possibility in the near future.

6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Especially considering that they play it during a decent number of commercial transitions on NFL broadcasts.

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Maroon 5 has SO many more hits than Panic.

8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I don't know about total sales, but Panic!'s last album on week 1 outsold Maroon 5's last album on week 1 (180k sales vs Maroon 5's 122k).

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also we’re not saying Panic now, but maybe after another album cycle or two?