Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor Tour Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

How have Misterwives and Saint Motel been?

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I don't like the music from either of them personally, but Misterwives is great live, lots of energy and Saint Motel has a cool aesthetic going for them. Both were entertaining even though I'm not a fan.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm probably just going to go for Panic! I was assuming they'd go on around 9.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got back and I can't how damn good they have gotten live. This was my fourth time seeing them and they've gotten better every single time. The production was amazing, the setlist was awesome and Brendon is just a fucking force of nature. They've really become a band you can't miss live.

I missed Saint Motel but Misterwives was really good, I was very pleasantly surprised by them. Sounded great live and their songs were really catchy. Will definitely be checking them out.

As for the set times, I was late like I said but Misterwives went on from 8:00-8:35 and Panic went on exactly at 9 and ended at 10:30

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  5. heymattrick

Sending my love

I only checked out Saint Motel for the first time this past week, and I am super digging them. Very excited for their set. I like Misterwives a lot, and saw them open for Walk the Moon twice last year. However, peeked at their setlist for this tour and not as excited now. Seems they're playing several unreleased new tunes, and not a lot of my favorites off their first record. Oh well, will still be a great night!

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It was a great show. The full tour production is even better, but they had to scale it down to fit in the venue. The ember shower during "Golden Days" is SICK.

tdlyon likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Brendon posted a photo on Instagram of his finger in a splint. Will be interesting to see how/if this affects the set list considering he's been doing several songs on piano (and the drum cover).

8. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

His post said it "looks funny" while he plays piano or drums so I guess that's how it's affecting it. I'm guessing it's a bit more painful too.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty pumped for tonight.

heymattrick likes this.
  10. TMS2787

Trusted

I've been having the worst two weeks at work and I got screwed out of getting off of work at 5:00 today, when I requested and was approved for it forever ago and had to stay until 8:00 PM. Luckily, I found parking across the street for free and walked in when the countdown was on 5 minutes. I really enjoyed the show. Brendon's voice always impresses me live, this was the fourth time I've seen them in eleven years. The whole band sounded good but I personally could've done without the drum "solo" "covers". And the Queen cover, while they do do it well I would've liked something else to be subbed in its spot just because I saw it last time but they still put on a hell of a set. I'm glad I made it and got to see it all.

joe.boy.fresh. and heymattrick like this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm glad you made it in time, and I hope the show was a little bit of light in your rough couple of weeks!

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Free parking across the street???? Haha.

I paid $20 to park directly across from Gate A. This too was my fourth time seeing Panic since 2006 and they're always great live. Having the floor actually be seated was still a bummer. I mean, I dished out way more money for floor seats and still felt so far away even though I was in one of the middle sections. I personally loved the Queen cover, but had never seen them do it live. I feel like every person should see that live at least once. I could have done without the Drum cover too. The This is Gospel/DOAB segment was really cool and the stage production/antics were top notch (as it always is for their shows).

13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I loved all the gimmicks lol. I thought the drum cover was super impressive and I absolutely loved the Queen cover

This is my first time seeing them headline (saw them open for Blink a long time ago) so I was very pleasantly surprised by everything Brendan was doing. Definitely checking them out the next time he comes to town

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The pit area was seated?

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

All but two or three shows on this tour are entirely seated.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh wow. That's pretty strange, I would have definitely been a little upset if I tried getting floor tickets then

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I have such a love/hate with GA these days. I always want to be right up there, but then I just end up getting so tired and giving up and falling to the back. I've got 100 level tickets and I'm pretty content with that.

heymattrick likes this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There are two elements of the show they couldn't (and don't) do with a GA setup, so the show is ultimately better for it all being seated.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha that makes sense then

20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. I'm pretty over GA at this point. Been there, done that too many times at this point

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To be clear, I don't need GA tickets to like mosh or anything, haha, I'm entirely too old for that these days. But I just like to have the freedom to move around and the option to move up as close as possible, or hang out near the back. It's not a huge deal, just a bit of a bummer. Also, only the second show I've ever been to in my life that had seats on the floor (the other being Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2012).

heymattrick likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh yea I feel ya. But for me if I'm GA, I inevitably end up in the pit even if it's not my intention. I just can't help myself haha and then 4 songs later I'm just like good god I need to get out of here. Having seats on a floor doesn't sound like a great experience though, that's definitely strange to me. I'm honestly a huge fan of lawn seats at Amphitheaters for the reasons you just said. You get to move around, but it's a little calmer. Just sucks to not be as close.

23. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Which would those be?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed I don't care about "moshing" but I do like having the ability to stand where I want and being able to move around

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

At one point of the show, Brendon leaves the stage and appears at the back of the arena at a piano stand that rises above the crowd for This is Gospel. Following that, he walks through the crowd back to the stage while singing DOAB.
    That said, I disagree, he could have still done all that with a normal GA set up. Normally in those sized venues, the GA section is still bar'd off on the sides and the back. Brendon could have easily just walked on the sides back to the stage.