Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Sep 22, 2016.

1. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I think MSG is close to sold out too which is obviously huge

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Maine is likely just a hard market. The tour is still 6+ weeks away, too. Tickets will sell.

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Totally sold out, I believe.

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yeah, there's just single-seats left in the higher-levels for the Worcester MA show. Pretty sure they are happy with ticket sales.

5. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I thought it was but I just tried to get some tickets and were still available. They may have released some additional tickets

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Oh weird. The Panic site says sold out. Either way, it will be.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's still crazy to me that they managed to get back to this level of popularity. Selling out 15k+ venues and Madison Square Garden. I never would've thought we'd have seen Panic! become even bigger than they first were. So awesome to see.

skogsraet and Collins like this.
  8. heymattrick

Sending my love

Willing to bet Misterwives drops a new single/announces their record prior to this tour. They played a new song "Machine" earlier on tour this year

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. fbrrocks

Trusted

you mean last year lol

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Haha I've been catching myself doing it all week. A few more days I'll get it

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's honestly pretty bizarre and extremely rare that not only are they as popular as they were when they started, but they have FAR exceeded their popularity from 2006-2007. These are the biggest venues they've played and also doing the NYE show on Dick Clark, being nominated for a Grammy, etc. Just crazy.

I remember thinking they were kind of crazy releasing DOAB so soon after TWTLTRTD, considering that album was still kind of popular and they weren't giving it the proper time it needed, but man was I wrong.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's what I'm saying. Especially when all but one of the original members left the band. It's just crazy and a testament to Brendon's talent and the loyalty of the Panic fanbase through the years.

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Their fanbase is also pretty young too -- not sure how that happened but going by what I've seen at concerts and online, a large portion of their fanbase were in kindergarten when AFYCSO came out. I say this to emphasize Panic!'s staying power.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. Justinsound

any chance anyone has 2-3 tickets for the philly show they are looking to sell?

15. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

The 15k isn't totally true. An article I read states that MSG starts at 10,000. If you move things around and open the 1/4 of the arena behind the stage, it's 15-18k. I think most shows that play there sell out at 10k tickets which is why a lot of bands can do MSG in NYC yet only play theaters in some markets. I don't quite know why but once a tour crosses the river to either Brooklyn, Long Island or NJ, it gets much harder to fill an arena. Case in point, The 1975 struggled to sell their Barclays Center show yet MSG was able to go clean in a day.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was referring more to the Chicago show, which is an 18,500 capacity venue. Either way they're doing huge shows now.

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

Not entirely true, I'm not sure why so many people believe they sold it MSG in a day. I secured tickets when they went on sale but continued to check throughout the next week, and there were still loge and upper level seats available for at least 7 days after they initially went on sale. There are only resale tickets available on Ticketmaster now but they still have not officially deemed it as "sold outl

18. Chase

CAF

For anyone in Cleveland, a few tickets were released for 3/8 in the first section near the stage, not that side-stage nonsense they've been selling.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Saw these guys live a few weeks ago, good show!! Brendan Urie is a powerful vocalist

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow this is super close, really snuck up on me

I just looked at a setlist from their most recent few shows and I hope the start of this tour marks a few changes, it's basically identical to the Weezer tour

21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

though that setlist from weezer tour was good, wasn't it?

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The set from Australia is different from the set for this tour. This will be a new set.

tdlyon likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They've been pretty much playing the same set for about a year now. I'm sure they'll switch some things up as this is a brand new US tour, and really, they're first time headlining it in US since last summer was a the co-headlining tour with Weezer.

Hoping for a little longer of a set too. And yea, this really snuck up on me. The shorter February month is throwing me off. This is only 2 weeks away for my date.

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think it will be drastically different than the summer tour. They're not really a deep cuts act anymore, so the most I can see them doing is swapping in and out new songs. Hopefully they drop Bohemian, but that won't happen. Sigh.

skogsraet likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would love for like a 20 to 22 song set (as opposed to the summer set of 18). I think they could switch out Time to Dance with a different Fever song, I'd love them to add a Pretty. Odd. song. Swap a couple of the new songs (I'd love to get Impossible Year or House of Memories). There's definitely changes that can be made while still keeping all the hits. It'll be interesting to see. I'll have a blast either way though. I'm also expecting some huge production on this. Very interested to see what Brendon has cooked up. I feel like arenas are better suited to Panic than amphitheaters, so I'm excited to see them in a closed space again.