Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Sep 22, 2016.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Try this: Panic! At the Disco - Join Us

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not working for me. Very strange. Literally nothing happens when I hit 'sign up.' Even tried from my phone and turned off my work network too and that didn't work.

I wonder if the site is just overloaded with people trying to plug in their e-mail addresses today?

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They fixed the issue. The link now looks like this with an actual check box to agree to terms. Before there was no check box for the agreeing to terms.

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

The tour with weezer sold really well. The Noblesville, IN date sold 20k tickets.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I would have LOVED to go to the Weezer/PATD show however it didn't come to Cleveland. Closest show was in Pittsburgh, which is fine but it was on July 3rd and I already had tickets to see Brand New and Modest Mouse on July 5 and had local plans for 4th of July. So I would have had to drive to Pittsburgh on July 3, back to Cleveland following, then back to Pittsburgh on July 5. It would have just been too much. Wish both shows would have been another week and I would have just stayed in Pittsburgh for 3 nights.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

I will most likely be at the Clevelabd show. I saw them two years ago when they came here and a few times before that.

The only thing I'm confused on: wasn't this album out in January? Strange to call the tour that over w year late.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

He never really went on a proper headlining tour for the album. Instead opened up for Weezer, which I'm assuming was an opportunity he couldn't pass up.

The strange thing to me is, these are bigger venues than the Weezer/PATD shows. That's really crazy.

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Probably passing on this one. I wasn't that into the last album and I don't really go back to their old stuff much. That said I am happy as shit for them to fully shed the weight from Fever and reach a higher level of success.

For those that haven't seen them in an indoor setting, it's worth it. Brendan's voice really soars and adds an extra layer. When I saw them open for FOB a few years back at CSU in Cleveland they put on a really good show.

@ncarrab I did something similar for that Brand New/Modest Mouse tour being a Clevelander as well. I did Chicago the Saturday before the fourth. It was a fun show for sure.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Nothing better than a road trip show.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

The Weezer tour was co-headilning, they both got the same set time. And arenas are usually smaller (capacity-wise) than ampitheaters.

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Are they touring Europe or something? Also, they might be nervous about filling these places so want a lot of lead time before. Plus they have to get production ready and all that.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

The Chicago show of this tour is way smaller than the show here with Weezer.

Weezer tour capacity: 28,000
    This tour capacity: 18,500

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, the CSU stadium in Cleveland is about 13-14 k capacity and the Q where the Cavs play is around 20.5 last time I looked. Still a large place to play, but this is not hitting the largest stadium in every city.

14. Matthew

Regular

It doubled here in South Florida.

Miami, Weezer/P!ATD: 10,000
    Sunrise, this tour: 20,700

I really doubt they will fill more than half the arena, gonna hold off on buying floor tickets for now

15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wish I could use my free ticketmaster passes for this :/

16. Collins

Trusted

they were great on the weezer tour. would love to see this. i know it's a long shot but i'd love it if they rotated build god, but it's better, nearly witches, or northern downpour (:verysad:) back into the set.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I understand the Weezer tour was billed as Co-Headlining, but didn't Weezer close out every single night? Whereas when Brand New and Modest Mouse did co-headlining, they switched back and fourth every night.

I can't speak for sizes for all the venues, but I know the Cleveland show for this upcoming tour is about 14K and the closest the Weezer/PATD show came to Cleveland this summer was in Pittsburgh at Stage AE, which caps at 5K.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't think all of those are long shots. I doubt they'd play build god, but I think the rest have a chance. It's going to be a longer setlist than we've seen in a while so I'm sure we'll get a couple more deeper cuts.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Really hope I can hit this up. Loved DOAB and Saint Motel is great.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I hope this tour helps Saint Motel get huge. Such a fun live band too

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. TMS2787

Trusted

That's understandable. That tour seemed to sell really well, I still haven't seen Weezer so I was bummed that it didn't come here. But I was thinking aren't these venues to big for them to play without another decent sized co-headliner?

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That's what I was thinking. Last two times Panic! headlined in Cleveland were both in 2014. Early 2014 he played House of Blues and then that summer he played Nautica. CSU is like 3x the size of Nautica.

I haven't seen Weezer since 2005 when they co-headlined with Foo Fighters - which was also at CSU. Saw them twice before that at Blossom and CSU back in 2001 and 2002 as well.

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I'd say the crowds were about split between Panic and Weezer fans, but there's no way Brendon would play after his idols. Weezer got that closing slot based on legacy.

24. Jerihoar

Regular

I hope they'll bring the horns from the weezer tour. Felt like they added a lot to some songs. Also hope they'll do a few songs they didn't do from DOAB (mostly impossible year)

heymattrick and Thursdaysox like this.
  25. TMS2787

Trusted

I assume they'll kill off a ton of Seats at the Wolstein and make it around 8k-10K but still. That's double the size of Nautica. If I recall correctly that show was pretty paced in 2014?