Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Palm Springs (Max Barbakow, July 10, 2020) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

love that show and he does have moments on it but I feel like it's always reacting to/acting with someone else? usually Melissa

maybe it was the same in this movie but yeah he really surprised me here in a good way

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Honestly he has a ton of range in Popstar too

Ken, incognitojones, FTank and 3 others like this.
  3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Celeste and Jesse Forever fam

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Ken, RyanPm40 and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Also, shoutout to J.K. Simmons we love you

Ken, incognitojones, Brent and 7 others like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it was super distracting that his name was Nyles, like imagine you're watching a romcom and the guy is named Chandler
    Andy and Cristin had great chemistry and someone has to do the denim outfits as a couples costume when Halloween exists again
    I love that Portia always plays Portia

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wow I loved this!
    And fucking Cloudbursting playing at the end. Hell yeah

SpyKi and mad like this.
  8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I absolutely loved this movie but legit sought the thread out specifically to have somewhere to post about how the needle-drop of "The Brazilian" by Genesis is an all-timer.

9. This kicked butt, super impressed

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I went into this completely blind (didn’t watch the trailer) so I had no idea they were kicking it off with Nyles already having been trapped in the loop for years and that was such an interesting way to reframe the concept. It made Sarah’s introduction into the whole thing so much fun. I loved that it wasn’t the usual “what is going on, I already did this” for a whole day. Instead she does that for like five minutes, spots Nyles hanging out in the pool, and then just lunges at him because she knows he did something terrible to her.

I was real curious about June Squibb’s line at the end to Sarah about leaving. Seemed like it could be taken to mean that she might have known about the loop. Left me wondering how many other people might be trapped there.

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

a real quote from one of my friends I watched this with
    "what kind of name is Nyles... wasn't he that little bitch in Frasier?"

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

No one should speak ill of any David Hyde Pierce character.

Ken, Brent, dqwinny and 5 others like this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ken, Brent and Zilla like this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

anyway, this is easily the comedy of the year. at least until seth rogen's hbo movie comes out

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ken, [removed], dqwinny and 1 other person like this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

milioti's reaction in the first death scene is so good lol

incognitojones and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I liked this. I wish the cinema of it were better, but overall I had a pretty good time.

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This was such a good time. Put Milioti in more things.

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

every Connor O'Malley line is fantastic

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

this was delightful.

one thing that I was confused about (and I could've just completely missed it), but why did Roy originally get crystal meth from Nyles and get stuck in that loop? my assumption is that he was originally invited to the wedding and then he just stopped going to the wedding after a little while of torturing Nyles so that he could stay with his family. like I said, I could've completely missed the explanation.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah Roy was just a regular, bored wedding guest in one of Nyles' loops, it just happened to be the right set of circumstances that got the two of them talking and having a blast. It was Roy's idea to get some coke, and then the rest is history. I think he just stopped going to the wedding after awhile because, why bother?

23. trevorshmevor Jul 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2020)
    I did have a second where I was curious what Roy had figured out to tell his family every day that he suddenly wasn’t gonna be going to that wedding haha. If I tried to do that my girlfriend would rip me apart for bailing the day of the event after RSVPing :crylaugh:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Watched this last night, and thought it was a gem. Samberg and Milioti had insane chemistry.

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Having to relive getting ready for and attending someone else's wedding every day is my worst nightmare lol I haaate going to them

My fiance would absolutely kill me if I did that too lol

trevorshmevor likes this.